Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Automatic gearbox does not go down to first

Rob6

Mine is a 2007 S - Automatic
I just noticed that as I slow down to a stop the gear light shows the change as normal from 5 to 4 etc. but now stops at 2nd. Even if I change to P and back to D the light starts on 2 not 1.
I can select 1 manually with the paddle, but never when I am in auto.

Anyone seen this?
Hope it is not serious.

Cheers

On my Mercedes this is normal unless I select sports mode.

MC

The car will start in first when the engine is cold and hold on to each gear a little longer than normal to reach operating temperature quickly.

My understanding is that the car when up to temperature will always start in 2nd gear which can be over ridden by the button/paddle to select first or by applying the throttle aggressively from a standing start.

kas750 said:
The car will start in first when the engine is cold and hold on to each gear a little longer than normal to reach operating temperature quickly.

My understanding is that the car when up to temperature will always start in 2nd gear which can be over ridden by the button/paddle to select first or by applying the throttle aggressively from a standing start.

:yeah:

No need to worry Rob6. It's normal. :thumb:

Thanks for the reassurance guys.
My main worry is that I am sure it used to go down to 1st, but now suddenly it doesn't.
There is a possibility of course that it never did and I have just noticed it.
Either way, I will worry no more.
Cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back