Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Am I missing something?

Tycho

I took my spare wheel out for the first time (had to get to a flat battery) and noticed that there were 2 round holes on the floor pan up front. Should these have some sort of bung in them? I blocked them with closed ferrules then wondered if they were meant to left open.
I have done some searching without real success, any suggestions gratefully received.

Yes there are rubber drain plugs which fit. From memory there are more than two. They purtrude under the car and often get ripped off. Most cars seem to have them missing. The part number is hard to find as the part is the same as used in the headlights so you have to search for it in that area.

My journal had pics of the part number but they no longer show up.

I think there's 4 overall. Bad form if your teats aren't showing out underneath :what:

Drain tubes

These are the little buggers, they fit the boot floor, front and rear lights, available from Type911 at £2 each plus vat and delivery. I would not mind betting they are competitively priced at OPC.

Attachments

• img_3356_115.jpg
    img_3356_115.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 5,129
Thanks Chaps. Looks like a excuse to visit the OPC.

:hand: What about the plastic nut covers that fit over the metal nuts under the rear spoiler :dont know: Classic Illuminati check-list item along with wiper widget and rubber 'bung' to cover the screw in the mirrors :roll:

All available at OPC

Nut covers all in place (missing ones fitted recently) just looks like my teats are the problem - add your own punchline.

Hi,

Part No is 911 631 259 02

ATB :)

If the boot floor drains were scraped off it is likely the little wedge shaped drains for the headlamp pod breathers were also damaged. Part # 993.631.141.01 and you need two at £2.13p

Pursueing the anatomical analogy I suppose you could say these are the ureters.

Drains (or teats, if you prefer).

I believe they are the same as used in the IB models to stop condensation in the headlights.

Looks like I might have another trip to the OPC Parts Dept. Another way to spend my time now I have just managed to retire.

Teats fitted, now what is the best way to check if my headlamp pod breathers are OK?
Of course, I took advantage of the trip to Leeds OPC to have a look at their stock. In addition to the new shiny stuff (this did include a 918) they had some serious classics taking up a good third of the showroom. There were a pair of interesting mint green WB 993s

Tycho said:
Teats fitted, now what is the best way to check if my headlamp pod breathers are OK?

Whilst she is not looking, borrow the wife's yoga mat and lie it down in front of your 993. Lay on the mat with your head in front of one of the wheels and look carefully at the outer section of the lower part of the PU. Just in front of a recessed self tapping bolt head you will see either a rectangular hole, a badly scraped black wedge or a pristine breather outlet. Looking through the adjacent vented part of the PU use a torch to check if the polythene breather tube is present and attached at both ends.

Unfortunately to get at the tube if necessary you'll need to at least partially remove the wheelarch liner. Be warned this is how the slippery slope is entered. You may be drawn into PU removal, repainting and replacement of many missing or rusted parts. But that is a good thing! :)

Thanks for the info. No yoga mat – borrowed a (clean) dog towel. Yes, they are missing and no sign of breather tubes. I guess that this results in permanent Illuminati exclusion.
Are these really vital for a car kept in a heated garage & that sees about as much rain as the Atacama)? Any idea what the part no. is for the tubes & what access I need to fit them.
Looks like I have more work to keep me out to mischief and another trip to the OPC.

:hand: its not the rain you should worry about with a 993, its the constant washing :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back