Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manual Bonnet Release

stocksie

Nurburgring
In my wisdom before I went on holiday I disconnected the battery on my 996 Turbo and then stupidly closed the bonnet!!

Can anyone tell me where to find the manual release cable or is there another way of opening the front bonnet with the battery disconnected?

Stocksie :frustrated:

There is a power connection point at the bottom of the fuse box in the driver footwell. You can connect the positive here and then find a suitable ground connection.

MC

Does this work even when the battery is disconnected. I thought that was just for flat batteries?

Stocksie

Theres a pretty comprehensive description here ..

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=56267

But yes you connect a jump pack or jump leads to the fuseboard emergency ( red ) contact and the door stay and you can open the bonnet with fob or button .. you often have to press it several times to get it to work though .

With the battery disconnected I think you'll find the fuse box link wont work, didnt on mine at least.

What can happen is you have to keep pressing the key fob unlock button many times or the button for bonnet unlock .. if it doesnt work then check the jump pack connections as a poor earth connection will stop it .

jump pack basically replaces the cars battery and its how the system is designed to emergency open .. but it can be a pain i agree :)

I used a jump pack connected to the pull out fuse (marked with picture of a bonnet) and put the negative on the door check strap. Flicked the boot release lever and it opened straight away even with the battery totally disconnected. Simple.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back