Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door handle linkage - a favour to ask.

sjb993

I wonder if someone would be kind enough to have a look at their door handle (the internal one in the door card) and answer a couple of questions for me.

Please pull the handle so that you can see the linkage rod where it attaches to the door handle.

Q1. Does the rod slot into the handle from above or below? The PET diagram suggests it should slot in from below.

Q2. The rod sits in a white nylon bearing/clip. Does yours have any form of retainer on the end of the rod? Last time I had mine apart one side had a retainer whereas the other didn't. The retainer is a small cadmium plated metal disc with a hole and slots cut into it which is pushed onto the end of the rod and grips it. The PET diagram doesn't appear to show these retainers .

TIA.

I've had these off many times and if my memory serves me correctly it's from below and the clip has no retainer as the clip is designed to clip the rod in to place as well as holding itself in the release lever.

Seems plausible to me that someone put that retainer on to make up for a failed clip that kept dropping the rod.

Ok I changed my door handles for new ones and have the old ones in stock so checked them to be sure.

Definite on the orientation now. Here you go.

OZkT7k5.jpg

Thanks Dom - that's really helpful.

It seems a little counter-intuitive to push the rods in from below - but I guess there's some German rationale in there somewhere.

In the picture above the handle is being held upside-down, so the linkage rod does actually clip in from above.

I found another of the metal retainers in the linkage on the other door as well - I guess someone in the past broke the nylon clips and used the metal retainers as a bodge.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back