Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 C-Tek comfort indicator charger location

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
Hi just bought the CTEK comfort indicator charger for the 997 as I am fed up taking the battery cover off.

Has anyone fitted or got one of these, as I am interested where you have fitted it to the car trim :?:

Ta !

Boba fett said:
Hi just bought the CTEK comfort indicator charger for the 997 as I am fed up taking the battery cover off.

Has anyone fitted or got one of these, as I am interested where you have fitted it to the car trim :?:

Ta !

Whats it look like Boba? If its the trailing lead i have it loose but in the channel of the trim, I could take a pic tonight.

silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:

Ta !

Whats it look like Boba? If its the trailing lead i have it loose but in the channel of the trim, I could take a pic tonight.

Ive got that one, that just plugs in I think, this one is the permanent fixture, and shows you the condition of the battery as well

Linky....

http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/garage-equipment/battery-chargers-jump-starters/ctek-comfort-battery-charge-indicator-panel?cm_mmc=Google+PLA-_-Garage+Equipment-_-Battery+Chargers+&+Jump+Starters-_-166739&istCompanyId=b8708c57-7a02-4cf6-b2c0-dc36b54a327e&istItemId=lippax&istBid=tzwp&_$ja=tsid:94971|cid:865695754|agid:43902127095|tid:pla-329116940544|crid:203186037792|nw:g|rnd:12463674606429462609|dvc:c|adp:1o1|loc:1006483&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIzeron9C41QIVlantCh07CAioEAQYASABEgKDwfD_BwE

Yes that's different to mine, i'd be interested to see how you mount it, might be another good mod :thumb:

silvermilnec said:
Yes that's different to mine, i'd be interested to see how you mount it, might be another good mod :thumb:

Indeed, its a permanent plug that goes in the trim, looks great and is so easy to plug in....

Just going into the garage now !! wish me luck !! :thumb:

Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:

Indeed, its a permanent plug that goes in the trim, looks great and is so easy to plug in....

Good luck 🤓🤓

silvermilnec said:
Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:

Good luck 🤓🤓

Update:

Got rained off :thumb:

That makes a change...
Halfrauds is £6 cheaper than Amazon prime. :dont know:

I have CTEK. Started off using cigarette lighter , but then had hard wired one to battery. Then about two weeks before I sold car , fitted traffic light one .
Could poke CTEK cable on those between bonnet and scuttle

This one you are talking about .... You fitting inside car ? So would need to put window down or leave door open when plugged in ? Just curious :?:

i might need to get one of them, i keep mine plugged in with it sat next to the passenger wipers, but its in a bit of a blind spot and when i'm half asleep in the morning i forget to unplug it and keep driving off with it plugged in :eek:
Luckily it unclips but it has left a few minor blemishes.
Are you mounting it inside the car if so how does the wire get in do you just jam it in the door, i suppose if its splash proof you could mount it in the plastic trim near the base of the wipers next to the front of the drivers door ?

seeforez said:
i might need to get one of them, i keep mine plugged in with it sat next to the passenger wipers, but its in a bit of a blind spot and when i'm half asleep in the morning i forget to unplug it and keep driving off with it plugged in :eek:
Luckily it unclips but it has left a few minor blemishes.
Are you mounting it inside the car if so how does the wire get in do you just jam it in the door, i suppose if its splash proof you could mount it in the plastic trim near the base of the wipers next to the front of the drivers door ?

I guess thats the reason for my Post, where do people mount the indicator/plug.

I was going to mount it in the plastic in the front luggage compartment at the back fire wall

You started everybody off now Boba :floor:

Mine sits here.

Attachments

• img_6199_119.jpg
    img_6199_119.jpg
    773.5 KB · Views: 4,254
silvermilnec said:
Mine sits here.

Thats the same as mine, just does not look neat and flares up my OCD, the thingymebob I just bought looks fitted and OE once done.

:thumb:

Boba fett said:
silvermilnec said:
Mine sits here.

Thats the same as mine, just does not look neat and flares up my OCD, the thingymebob I just bought looks fitted and OE once done.

:thumb:

Snap, same as mine. I bought an extension from CTek so the charger is mounted on the wall and there's plenty of cable to reach the car.

I've got into the routine to put the bag the charger comes in on the drivers seat when I've plugged the charger in so I can't get in and drive the car off without remembering to unplug it first.....because I know I would!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ansonslchang
Back