Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Some Lay-Up/Storage Advice

Martian

I often see the lay-up/storage advice/questions on the forums and the usual tyre pressure, full tank of fuel etc. answers.

I always chime in with advice to put a couple of baited mouse traps down as from past experience, I catch a couple per week between October and December and a few more up until March.

I popped into my OPC today for a few bits and noticed this '60' plate GT3 in the service car park with the rear shelf apart and extensive rodent damage!

You have been warned. :eek:

Attachments

• rodent2_717.jpg
    rodent2_717.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 2,899
  • rodent1_818.jpg
    rodent1_818.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 2,899
Wow, how do they get in? :eek: :dont know:

The little f***ers can get anywhere!!!

Google it and you can see what they can do :evil:

:nooo:

OMG, Thank goodness i use mine all the time

Either the noise, heat or rock hard suspension will get rid of the bu99ers !!!

Or that they dont like old 996 variants !

FRP said:
Or that they dont like old 996 variants !

Watercooled are safe...mice hate water
nana.gif

:thumb:

IIRC pest control people reckon if you can push a biro into a gap/hole, then a mouse would probably be able to get in there. We have loads of mice living right next to the house, because they live within the gaps of the dry stone walls in the gardens. I've often been sat at the dining table, looking out through the patio doors and seen them scurrying about, but we've never had them in the house (dogs) and, thus far, never in the garage either.

I can only think that the habitat being so good for them prevents them from looking, but I certainly never store dog food out there in the garage, just in case.

I did get talking to someone a while back who told me a story about her Aston DB9 developing a misfire which, on inspection, was entirely attributed to mice eating ignition leads. Apparently the love them.

There are several " Holes " the little buggers get in through and they love to chew on wireing .

Ive had a live one in a car once and each panel i removed it hid behind another .. when i finally got the last panel off the little ***** jumped accross the carpet .. out the door and off down the workshop !

Ive also seen a Boxster written off due to the damage .. roof was in open position and it made a nest there .. chewed the roof .. wireing etc .. expensive .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back