Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

So it's a what's it worth thread...

crlincoln

Trainee
Hi,

I've got a potential on an interesting car/project, but will unfortunately need to sell the 911.. not ideal, but hey some things come along that you can't turn down..

I've spoken to a dealer who has given me a price.. but I'd like to get a general feel from either people looking or insight into the current market..

Car Details are;

997 Gen C2S PDK 2008
Millage 48308
Basalt Black Metallic
Full Black Leather
19 Inch Carrera Sport Alloy Wheels
Updated PCM 3 Porsche with post code search
Cargraphic Silencers
H&S Rear Silencer Bypass (sharkwerks copy)
H&R Lowering Springs
Black Dials
Body Matched Centre Console.
Sports Seats
Rear Park Assist

I have all original exhaust and springs to take it back to stock if required..

So what do you think it's worth, or if you looking drop me a note quickly...

Attachments

• 911_silverstone_176.jpg
    911_silverstone_176.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,395
I would expect to pay ~£35k ish private (advertise at 37)

38-40 at an Indy with warranty.

I would go SOR with an Indy, for least hassle.

Hope that helps.

James

Prices

Hi

I would expect 35 - 36 private sale if in V-good condition clean wheels detailed body, clean interior and a clear ppi.
Dealer will offer 30 - 32 if you were buying another vehicle from them
30 + or - if you wanted cash to walk away.

Regards
Glen

Sent response.

Thanks for the feedback makes interesting views...

I picked up my similar spec 911 in April this year after watching the market at a detailed level for 6 months. Since I have bought I've noticed that the market has probably strengthened a little bit - 3.6's are going for the price that 3.8's were 6-12 months ago, and the quality of good cars for sale has reduced. I actually think it would be worth a little more than some others - retail would probably be low 40's, I don't know what that means for SOR or outright purchase from a dealer. The only barrier with your car might be that any prospective buyer would not be able to get a Porsche warranty due to your mods.

Good luck with the sale and your next project!!

I was at my local OPC yesterday with my new Gen 2 Turbo and the salesmen was telling me that they are really struggling to get 'good' stock in. Apparently they went to a Porsche dealer ship sale the other week hoping to get a good stock of used Porsche but came away with nothing.
As previous poster mentioned the OPC's will want the car standard, whereas a private sale may take it with the mods, if the car is as good as it looks then a good detailing and good pictures should see it sell pretty quickly. Price it a few grand above what you want to give you some wriggle room.
As a comparison look at RSJ's stock and price it a few grand under what they would ask, they seem to have a 10% mark up.
Think James's price is pretty much where you want to be.
Good luck

All the mods are reversible, exhaust/suspension and I've retained original parts..

The car has a full Porsche service history.

I thought for the Porsche Warranty you can't dip in and out...

My car is quite similar. I bought it a year ago and have kept an eye on price trends. Mine is also a black on black c2s pdk with sports chrono. Though it is now 55k miles and completely stock. I would have thought ~£35000 will be a good price for a reasonably quick private sale in the current market.

Attachments

• 8321a651_6f92_4098_8b31_7a7fc5f77bd1_102.jpg
    8321a651_6f92_4098_8b31_7a7fc5f77bd1_102.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 3,025
davenice said:
My car is quite similar. I bought it a year ago and have kept an eye on price trends. Mine is also a black on black c2s pdk with sports chrono. Though it is now 55k miles and completely stock. I would have thought ~£35000 will be a good price for a reasonably quick private sale in the current market.

F**k me... what's the chance of finding two, possibly identical cars one reg digit apart......

As they say, small world...

crlincoln said:
davenice said:

F**k me... what's the chance of finding two, possibly identical cars one reg digit apart......

As they say, small world...

Unbelievable, I've never seen that before.

Glws, I'd reckon close to 40k.

If these are £35,000 they're the best 911 in terms of VFM by a mile. May well be the best 911 of all time in basic C2 or C2S manual form - defo what I'd buy with a £35k budget :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back