Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Kline restrictive?

AdeD

Sao Paulo
Stumbled upon a post online where they had a kline exhaust fitted and they were shocked to see the bore size looked narrow in parts so they measured it. This can't be correct surely? Anyone fitted / removed one of these themselves and noticed similar?

Attachments

• img_20170718_wa0012_215.jpg
    img_20170718_wa0012_215.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 2,680
That's surprising, I thought the whole idea of mandrel bending was to avoid that. Felix from Kline is a member on here so he may well give his thoughts and reasoning for this as he would clearly be the best placed person to explain if this is normal or actually would be restrictive. :thumb:

I've read the same on some of the U S forums

They also make a 3" version I believe. I have a 2.5 200 cell on a 996 turbo, but only around 480-500 hp -ish, it seems very good at this power level. Send a PM to TB993TT, he will fill you in if Felix from Kline doesn't chime in.

Kline are a great company to deal with by the way :thumb:

I have a Kline and its not restrictive as far as i am concerned ? I am no expert tho

Maybe ask Ken at 9e as they are now official UK dealers / distributors for the Kline products

I do know Ken is away at present so may be a delay in responding

FRP said:
9e are now official UK dealers / distributors for the Kline products

Called Kline and asked them re prices and was told I have to go through 9e for all UK sales.

9e are site partners

9e seem to have set a high benchmark on this site according to many for tuning and aftercare in the UK.

Be interesting to hear Kline/9e's views on Kline as I've also read certain x pipe sports exhausts are restrictive from some pretty knowledgeable people including (but not limited to) Emre who runs ES Motors.

Funnily enough I've heard 9e's own sports exhaust is best for 996 and 997 turbo from many people on here so interesting to switch to Kline when you already have a market leading product.

Any exhaust with bends will become restrictive eventually and start to raise egt's etc.

Also the pipe bending machines a manufacturer uses can cause narrower parts on a bend too.

It all depends on the power you're making.

A friend has an ES cross over exhaust, I think its around 4 inches and now running 35's its restrictive for him.

Hes having an X pipe fabricated now with valves that open to straight pipes :D

Picture of old 4" on old setup.

PaL2qOh.jpg

Hello AdeD,
you can buy this sight unheard, and I promise you wont be disappointed! esp if you can get away with 100 cel cats...Have a Good day

I had a look at a few exhausts inc Kline and for me the ES Motor full 3" system was a no brainer - beautifully built may I add

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back