Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Owners who imported LHD into the UK

Rich_r

**MODS - I appreciate this is not GT car specific topic, but I'm aware quite a few people have imported LHD GT cars into the UK, so hoping to get LHD GT car owners feedback- Hope this post is ok?**

Hi all

I'm based out in the Middle East and I'll be most possibly returning to Blighty after 8 years of been away. I want to bring my low mileage LHD 997.2 C4S with me, which I've owned for a few years. Now I appreciate it will be LHD etc etc but the car means a lot to me and the real plan will be to move to Europe at some point and as a returning Brit, I'm tax/duty exempt on the car, so financially make sense!

Having read some things and getting into the details of shipping etc, I need to do a few things on the car for the IVA test

1) Replace the rear light cluster for RHD ones. This is due to the rear fog light been on the wrong side.

Where is the best place to get a set of these? Do I only need the right side for the fog light? (Maxie suggested I only need the right side, but could anyone double confirm for me)

2) Front lights. I assume these can be adjusted for RHD? My manual says I can switch it to RHD, does this pass the IVA test with proof showing the setting in the manual?

3) Underseal/Waxoyl - Since the car has been in a very dry climate, is it worth having this done when the car lands in the UK. There is zero rust on the car, even the exhaust bolts etc are pretty much rust free! I understand GT cars have less underseal from the factory anyway, so any recommendations on what to use?

Anything else I need to consider? The speedo can toggle to miles/MPH. I've contacted Porsche for a Certificate of Conformity as well, which they won't give as the car is NOT EU spec.

Thanks!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back