Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 TMN - ***Isle of Man Plate***

v8fettler

I've just bought an Isle of Man registered car, but it will shortly be re-registered in the UK. As such, the Isle Of Man Plate '911 TMN' will be available for sale onto a retention certificate.

Those in the know over there will know its in the category which will have originally cost £5k.

The likely hood of finding someone with the initials TMN is pretty rare, especially within the Porsche owning population of the Isle of Man, so I'm open to offers at the moment.

I'll have a look later tonight at what the Reg Transfer boys value it at, but if anyone on here does reside on the Isle of Man, you may be in for a bargain!

Thanks

Not sure what you would get for the plate, as plate sales here are very limited in money terms. The odd plate makes some money, but that is the exception. Good luck with the sale anyway. :thumbs:

Ken White said:
Not sure what you would get for the plate, as plate sales here are very limited in money terms. The odd plate makes some money, but that is the exception. Good luck with the sale anyway. :thumbs:

Yeah, I've since figured out its not a large market, something to do with only 45,000 registered cars might be a clue!

As you'll know, it probably was a £5k purchase, but considering the market, and the guy trading in was Part-Ex-ing for a McLaren, it probably didn't even register...

Ask about if you know any IOM 911 owners, I'm open to any offer really, I'd rather it go somewhere than back into government funds...

There is a IOM region of porsche club GB, that maybe a good place to try??

911TMN

I'm picking up a 911 and bringing it back to the island tomorrow. I'd be delighted to have it but are you sure the seller hasn't already transferred it?

what are you bringing back to the Island tomorrow? I am a member of the local porsche group so always good to have an extra local vehicle if you want to join in.

Still Available.....

Having had a few responses from the traders on the Island, I've realized the plate isn't worth anything like what was initially thought.

I've had an offer from one trader, but I'd rather it go to a 911 owner, so any offer which matches (near enough) or beats their offer can have it.

I'd still like to make a few quid on it, so you'll have to guess that value!

So that were both protected in the sale, once I've got an agreement, I'll list it privately on e-Bay, and accept PayPal, so that payment protection is in place for the buyer just in case it doesn't work out (I've not done it before, and don't want anyone losing out). I was going to do a contract of sale but the legal border with it being IOM makes it difficult to enforce if anything goes wrong (either way).

As for ownership, I bought the car 'WITH' the plate on it, I simply cannot 'Register' it in my name as I don't live on the island. I have 6 months in which to register the car in the UK with the DVLA, at which point the IOM plate is surrendered back to the IOM Goverment.

I've got two other UK Reg's on certificate, its a shame they're not being used, and I don't want to see this one go to waste, so if its of any interest at all, send me a cheek bid, it might be enough!

Cheers!

So this has to stay on the IOM does it? You can't buy it and put it on a car regd in the U.K. presumably.

160dmb said:
So this has to stay on the IOM does it? You can't buy it and put it on a car regd in the U.K. presumably.

No I cant, otherwise I'd keep it! My surname is Timmins, so its pretty good for me. Plus, it'd be worth more too, I've seen s few 911 plates up for £1,500-2,000.

T'is a proper shame!

Hopefully Ill find an enthusiast on the island that it'll work for!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back