Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice on potential purchase

TBE997

Hi guys,

i am usually only active in the 997 forum, but I promised a friend to help him in finding a new cayman, but unfortunately i don't have much experience... i thought i'll check with you guys.

i have read some of the buyers guide and these two are currently on the short list that he plans to go and see, anyone any helpful feedback what to look for, what to avoid, what questions to ask the dealer when we look at the car (i.e. for my 911, it was xenon lights, pse, sport seats, chrono package, but then again i guess this is very subjective...)

i understand that this is a wide and subjective question, but in case anyone can/wants to help a cayman novice, that would be much appreciated!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...e-desc&price-to=45000&postcode=sw116ef&page=2

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-cust...l?md5=0d7e2f8d44ee6fc0c38e8b7efd56952e&url=uk

Many thanks,
TBE

The Cridford car looks good. No Sat Nav which a lot of buyers will want (even though its shoite). For a 2.7 it comes down to options and this looks well spec'ed compared to the usual.

Good colour/wheels
Sport Design Wheel
PDK
Dual Zone Climate (a lot of new buyers must get confused and think they're getting climate when they order 'AC' on the configurator). Manual AC is ***** and belongs in the '80s
Heated seats
Park Assist Front/rear (a lot have just rear and I'd want both as Mrs Z's interpretation of 9" varies to mine))
Sports Exhaust - a definite plus and rare on 2.7. Pity no Sport+/PASm option but these are costly
Bluetooth (lack of bluetooth is a killer come resale)

There or thereabouts on price but proving that 2.7 Cayman has held its price strong over last 12 months.

OPC car is a great colour and will have the 2yr warranty (albeit Cridfords back up is allegedly very good). It's got sat nav, dual climate and heated seats. MF steering wheel is to taste but could be swapped. If there is negotiation on price I'd be tempted for this one despite no PSE.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back