Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ESMotor ES1xxx testing - Holy C**P!

AdeD

So ESMotors have been out testing their shop car, this thing is insane! They quote it's current best performance figures are:

1/4 mile 8.4 @ 173mph

0-60 1.9 seconds
0-100 3.5 seconds
0-150 6.3 seconds
0-186 9.7 seconds

62-124 2.7 seconds
100-150 2.8 seconds

Beyond words.

MC

I don't know what timing kit they are using, or what tyres, but I would be very suspect of any 0-something times. Even so, those times are stunning. Even if they are off by 1s they are like a dragster.

MC

Err, new engine over here please.....

Impressive, no question. Too far? I think so. Always interesting to push boundaries though.

Wow, sounds sweet too. :thumb:

MarkC4S said:
Deeply impressive and bonkers at same time

Agreed, nice to see what's possible though :)
Wonder if there were any mods done on the PDK?

:worship:

I'd paint those figures on the side of my car if I had an ESM car :thumbs:

Would love to see it at Santa Pod :grin:

:thumb:

That is just mental fast! Hats off to the boys at ES. Would like to see a video of a fast launch.

Amazing performance indeed!

However unless it's using special tyres, I can't see how you can do a 0-60 in less time than you can brake from that speed??

Tyre grip is now the limiting factor in standing starts afaik, imo, ymmv etc :?:

s2000db said:
Amazing performance indeed!

However unless it's using special tyres, I can't see how you can do a 0-60 in less time than you can brake from that speed??

Tyre grip is now the limiting factor in standing starts afaik, imo, ymmv etc :?:

Easy, don't start timing until you are already moving :)
Depending on what kit is being used for the timing you can usually add at least 0.2-0.3s to the acceleration times from a standing start to get accurate times.

Production cars are regularly pulling 1.3G in brake tests now, braking distances from 60mph are edging down towards 30m.

MC

apollokre1d said:
Wonder if there were any mods done on the PDK?
I don't know too much about PDK or have much experience, but there's a sort of slip/rise of revs on the shifts there. Might just be breaking traction of course!

All the same, have to agree, as an exercise in pushing the envelope, it's brilliant. Of course, we shouldn't be surprised - the guts of the powertrain are what powered the GT1, which was an utterly epic and very well proven race car - but it's still amazing to see.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back