Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

That Carrara White LHD Mk2 996 GT3 at Paul Stephens .....

Slippydiff

This one :

IMG_2450-large.jpg

Can anyone remember how much the car was advertised for last year/early this ?

Does £65k ring a bell ?

https://www.total911.com/sales-spotlight-porsche-996-2-gt3-2/

Aside from being a low-mileage example with just 24,600 on the clock, it is the hue of this 996.2 GT3 that sets it apart from the rest. Carrara white is a rare shade indeed to adorn the narrow hips of a track-ready GT3, with the matching multi-spoke wheel centres a further element to this example's bespokery.

This Gen2 car, with revised aero and a power boost of 21hp over its Gen1 counterpart, is a left-hand-drive example (which may find favour with track day enthusiasts due to the clockwise nature of most circuits), while the all-important factory label under the front boot lid reveals a unique original country code of C31, for Saudi Arabia.

Paul Stephens believe there's no sign of previous track use on the car, which may explain the exuberance of those pristine painted wheel centres, while the decadence continues inside with a white painted centre console, and leather Sports seats with contrasting yellow stitching to match the yellow PCCB calipers sitting under each wheel arch.

The 3.6-litre, 386hp GT3 is in as-new condition, complemented by a full main dealer history with clear engine data, which should suitably appease fears of over-revs by any zealous former owners. In a Porsche market where individualism and originality from the factory is so revered, we can't think of a better GT3 example to add to a collection or unleash on a track day right now.

Yeah I think it was around £65k. I remember he had a Mk2 CS around the same time and that was a touch over £60k and I wondered why this car was £5k more than that.

PindiXpress said:
Yeah I think it was around £65k. I remember he had a Mk2 CS around the same time and that was a touch over £60k and I wondered why this car was £5k more than that.

Well it is "the" colour, and has got "the" brakes and the mileage was nicely collectable. Shame about the seats (and we all know what a 'mare they are to find, don't we ??? ....)

advert removed from ps site

let me check my database....

it was initially £69,995 in the summer of 2016 then dropped to £64,995 by the start of this year

911UK said:
let me check my database....

it was initially £69,995 in the summer of 2016 then dropped to £64,995 by the start of this year

Fantastic info, many thanks :thumb:
Makes the two LHD cars at Octane look distinctly overpriced...

the impact of Euro pricing, since there are about 40 cars all for sale at the Octane level and not selling
:dont know:

PDC is putting people off i think. 8)

Senoj said:

Very interestingly revealed though:

"while the all-important factory label under the front boot lid reveals a unique original country code of C31, for Saudi Arabia."

A very detailed inspection would be required, especially rotating part for wear. Detailed check for dust/sand build up in all the nooks and crannies...

Slippydiff said:
ELA said:
jotaking said:
Senoj said:

what is PDC??

It's the country code i.e C16 for the UK or C00 for Germany...

And there was me thinking it stood for Parking Distance Control :?:

Me too!

Bloody useful when clipping the apex barriers at T13 on the nordschliefe!

Slippydiff said:
ELA said:
jotaking said:
Senoj said:

what is PDC??

It's the country code i.e C16 for the UK or C00 for Germany...

And there was me thinking it stood for Parking Distance Control :?:

Slippydiff is correct, PDC is as above; PCC is the Porsche Country Code, which is what I thought Senoj was eluding to from the original link from the OP. i.e what might put someone off, a seemingly very competitively priced example.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back