Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Spoiler Microswitch Adjustment

ARP

Has anyone had any success adjusting the microswitches for the rear spoiler.
My spoiler when it retracts keeps clicking, it fully retracts but makes quite a noise until the motor cuts off - I'm hoping I can adjust this out without having to buy anything new.

The spoiler raises fine, and the gearbox has been split in two, regreased & new bearing etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

IIRC you just need to raise the spoiler, remove the plastic shroud around the mechanism (just one screw from memory) and the adjustment screw for the microswitch is the vertical threaded stud. I recall adjusting mine to stop slightly earlier to try and prevent it rubbing on one corner.

Your issue may be different but worth a try?

Got this sorted, in case it helps anyone else, this is what I did:

The retract microswitch is under the plastic cover for the spoiler gear mechanism, remove the two screws and you will find this on the lhs towards the rear of the car. Operate the console switch to see how the switch is activated - as the arm swings back a small tab touches a reed on the microswitch to activate it.

Remove the reed carefully and by trial & error bend it into shape so that the retract microswitch activates once the spoiler is completely home. I found by straightening the reed this gave the best results. Test a few times, put the cover back on & all done.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back