Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 GTS!

weejimmy

She has landed. Very enjoyable collection from Silverstone OPC. My son had great fun taking arty shots with his iPhone!

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

10.jpg

16.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

That looks fantastic in carmine red. In fact, seeing your car and Palmball's has inspired me to order a new GTS today in the same colour.

I'll start a new thread shortly, but one thing is that I'd originally specced the colour coded headlight washers, but seeing your pictures has convinced me that the black ones work really well with the black headlamps. Thanks for that, your pictures have already saved me £143!

Have fun and take it steady for the first few miles.

Yeah, I agree. They do work! TBH I'm not big on black detailing on cars. I think it can look a bit naff, but on the GTS it all works together and the end result is really pleasing.

I fell for the Carmine red cars in the promotional videos on the Porsche YouTube channel, so it was a done deal from there. If I was getting a GTS I wanted it to be the full on GTS, hence the interior packs as well. In addition I specced the leather steering column case which comes with the same red contrast and also alcantara sunvisors to complete the theme.

One thing I've noticed is that the red really shrinks the car around you Vs my old white C4s. Feels very snug and precise. The ride is firm (I kept the standard GTS -20mm) but the seats are much nicer to sit in than the leather ones in my C4s.

Taking it very gently just now. But looking forwards to opening it up a bit!

Kiernan said:
That looks fantastic in carmine red. In fact, seeing your car and Palmball's has inspired me to order a new GTS today in the same colour.

I'll start a new thread shortly, but one thing is that I'd originally specced the colour coded headlight washers, but seeing your pictures has convinced me that the black ones work really well with the black headlamps. Thanks for that, your pictures have already saved me £143!

Have fun and take it steady for the first few miles.

Not sure I ever posted my Spec, but in case you are unsure on anything:

Carmine Red
Alcantara® Package GTS Carmine Red in conjunction with GTS interior package
Porsche Entry & Drive
ParkAssist (front and rear) with reversing camera
Rear Wiper
Electrically folding exterior mirrors
Electric slide/tilt glass sunroof
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Front axle lift system
Rear-axle steering
GTS interior package
Cruise control
Speed limit display
Automatically dimming mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Light design package
HomeLink® (programmable garage door opener)
Heated multifunction steering wheel
Adaptive Sports seats Plus (18-way, electric)
Smoking package
Passenger footwell storage net
Steering column casing in leather Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Sun visors in Alcantara® Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur
Burmester® High-End Surround Sound-System

Never have smoked, but the lid over the storage looks much nicer (didnt spec smokers on my C4s). :thumb:

Superb colour, superb spec, I just love it.

It looks fab :thumbs: and I cannot wait to mine comes in approx 3months. Great spec and do love the Carmine Red cars :thumb:

C4gts

Looks the dogs, would you say firm ride as in feeling every bump in the road,got to finalise my spec on Monday and might spec the - 10mm pasm if it's too firm not driven one yet only the c2s on 20s which was fine on our ( great roads)

Great pictures Weejimmy, lovley car. :thumbs:

How quick does the axle lift work?

Cheers Mark.

Re: C4gts

Darren p said:
Looks the dogs, would you say firm ride as in feeling every bump in the road,got to finalise my spec on Monday and might spec the - 10mm pasm if it's too firm not driven one yet only the c2s on 20s which was fine on our ( great roads)

I dont think it's "too" hard on the -20mm. Its certainly no bone shaker and most bumps are well absorbed. Harsh ruts were quite loud, but there was no shake or shudder.

It does find more contours than the C4s did, but its also lost an element of the float that the c4s had. So that's a fair trade off.

The steering comittee went for a ride last night and found the ride fine. One thing I did notice was the complete disdain it had for undulations and quick dips etc. I watched a BMW float and rebound over a bump in the road - the GTS barely noticed it. So its firm, but superbly controlled if that makes any sense?

I think the alcantara seats help as well as they hold you better than the leather and are more compliant.

I dont like harsh riding cars and I am happy enough so far - bear in mind I've only done 20 miles in it thus far though!

BishBosh said:
Great pictures Weejimmy, lovley car. :thumbs:

How quick does the axle lift work?

Cheers Mark.

Maybe 10s from zero to full lift and vice versa. It is smooth when it does it. Feels weird but fun.

One thing I hadn't realised but which makes perfect sense is that when it's up it feels rock hard as the it has taken out a load of movement in the suspension. Was kindof of a 'Duh' moment when I realised, just hadn't thought aboput it before - but it means I wouldn't want to go very far with it up!

There are speed humps close to where I live - the sort that go up, along and down again and I forgot to use it on the way out last night and had no issues. But I wasnt going quickly. So it could well end up as a bit of a folly for my commuting but it does add some theatre!

Suspect I'll always use it on road where there is a raised section that isnt full width, so the wheels pass either side and the raised bit goes under the car. Thankfully there aren't many like that around here! I hated them in the C4s and always grimaced as I went over them. Never really caused an issue though!

Hey Weejimmy you will have to change your profile picture to be one of the GTS wheels :)

Looking forward to hearing more on how it drives. Do you have any roadtrips planned in it for the summer?

scoot said:
Hey Weejimmy you will have to change your profile picture to be one of the GTS wheels :)

Sorted! :thumb:

scoot said:
Looking forward to hearing more on how it drives. Do you have any roadtrips planned in it for the summer?

Yes, a couple of trips planned. One to the North Devon coast which will include my favourite route across Exmoor (the B3224/3) and maybe a trip with the boy up to the Evo Triangle during the school holidays. :thumbs:

weejimmy said:
scoot said:

Sorted! :thumb:

scoot said:

Yes, a couple of trips planned. One to the North Devon coast which will include my favourite route across Exmoor (the B3224/3) and maybe a trip with the boy up to the Evo Triangle during the school holidays. :thumbs:

Pic looks fab :thumb:

Cool look forward to hearing how both go and pics as well especially as you will have a cameraman with you going by the pics from the pickup :thumbs:

Re: C4gts

weejimmy said:
Darren p said:

I dont think it's "too" hard on the -20mm. Its certainly no bone shaker and most bumps are well absorbed. Harsh ruts were quite loud, but there was no shake or shudder.

It does find more contours than the C4s did, but its also lost an element of the float that the c4s had. So that's a fair trade off.

The steering comittee went for a ride last night and found the ride fine. One thing I did notice was the complete disdain it had for undulations and quick dips etc. I watched a BMW float and rebound over a bump in the road - the GTS barely noticed it. So its firm, but superbly controlled if that makes any sense?

I think the alcantara seats help as well as they hold you better than the leather and are more compliant.

I dont like harsh riding cars and I am happy enough so far - bear in mind I've only done 20 miles in it thus far though!

Having driven the car a few more miles, how are you finding the suspension now?

Reason I ask is that I've included the -20mm suspension on my order, but I'm still in two minds over this.

Unfortunately my OPC doesn't have a GTS demo, so I'll have to get my Silverstone day in before I lock in my order. I was driving my brothers 991 C4S over the weekend with the -10mm PASM and in Sport it felt really good as it is, certainly much firmer and more direct then my M4 in Sport Plus. As long as the -20mm isn't noticeably firmer then I'll probably keep it, but it's always good to have feedback from someone who has experience of both.

I've not gone for the axle lift as my drive way is quite level and the speed bumps around my aren't too aggressive - I never had any problems with my Lotus Elise I had 10 years ago, so I confident this won't be an issue.

Cheers.

Ah, not much to report I'm afraid as I've had a hectic weekend transporting my son to cricket matches all over Bucks so it's not had a lot of use this weekend. And I cycled to work on Fri and today as the weather was too nice to be sat in a box!

I did take a mate for a quick 15 min spin last night though. It's going to take me a while to adjust to all the new noises and characteristics of the 3.0 TT Vs the 3.8 as currently it just feels different. I am sure I am going to like it though.

I definitely wouldn't bother the the axle life unless you live up a mountain. It seems to go up and down things just as easily as the c4s which was just -10mm from std.

There is no doubt the -20m is firm, but I think I prefer that to the float the C4s had. It makes it feel more focused and special, so if I was ordering again I'd probably stick with the -20mm. Visually I am not sure it makes a lot of difference though. Unless two were parked side by side one at -20 and one at -10 I doubt you could tell the difference.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back