Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Window Reset

Frenchmeister

Barcelona
A colleague at work has. 997 T battery completely died, so a new one was fitted, Windows now won't return to the closed position when you shut the door.
A quick search has not thrown up the answer though I do recall seeing something on here.
Help and advice required.

Think there is a sequence reset you can do, but cannot remember what it is .
try a PM to Demort he's a porsche tech he might remember what it is. :thumb:

Not sure about getting the last half inch up (Oooh missus ! :eek: :hand: ) but for the one touch reset I think it`s `hold the down button till window is at bottom, release then press down button and hold for a few seconds. Same on the up function, press up and hold till it stops, release then press and hold again for a few seconds.
Always worked for me .... but as I said, not sure if it resets the drop on opening.

As chaser said.

IIRC get in, close door.
Hold window down button until window fully open, and keep holding button down for 10 seconds.

Release button.

Hold window up button until window fully closed, and keep holding button up for 10 seconds.

Release button.

Think that will teach the fully open/closed positions, it should drop when the handle is lifted, by the correct amount to clear the seal. If not after a few times, I think it's door card off to re-align.

Hope that helps.

This is what I used and took it from the work instructions, saying that there are loads of other stuff that it says you have to do as well. Anyway mate here we go. If you want the work instructions then just PM us fella and will email them:

6452 Power windows
The end positions of the power windows are deleted from the control unit when the battery is disconnected and connected.

Perform the following procedure for all power windows:
 Close the doors.
 Actuate rocker switch and fully close window once.
 Actuate rocker switch once more to close.

The upper end position of the window is stored.
 Actuate rocker switch and fully open window once.
 Actuate rocker switch once more to open.

The lower end position of the window is stored[/u]

:agree:

Have to do it every time for a battery disconnect .

If you have a CDR radio then you will need the code as well .

Throttle adapt is ignition on and 15 seconds with out touching it or starting the car , thats another thing .. but it will soon learn if you dont do that .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back