Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nice surprise

andygenders

took the 996 c4s to brussels for a work trip (520 miles round trip) with fast driving northwest france / belguim.

returning via eurotunnel, and along the m26 at about 9.45pm tonight - road was empty so decided to put some v.fast miles on the clock.

headlights appear behind me about a mile back, and then very quickly came alongside, grey audi rs3..... was about to push it more, and the audi pulled ahead, with a nice pair of blue flashing lights and a sign saying 70mph... i thought bollocks they got me... but no, they flashed their hazards and blasted of onto the m25... so heart out of stomach thinking a very lucky drive... and a very nice mr plod....

Lucky boy :hand:

That's great :thumbs:

A 'real world' policeman :cop:

:thumb:

Lucky *****! I seem to always get nicked, even for 34 in a 30.

Good to hear, some police are just nice guys with much more important stuff going on to worry about a guy on an empty road enjoying his car :cop: :thumb: :grin:

The other day I was pulled over by a whole team of policeman for driving at 26 in a 20 zone (in my Jeep). I had to endure a lecture from the law enforcement officer who generously did not prosecute me, although he said he could. What a waste of time and money imho.
Rick

Nice one OP. You don't hear many stories like that but I did have a similar experience about 10 years ago. I was on the M6 driving through a 50 restricted road works in the fast lane. A police motorbike came up behind me an as I moved over into the left lane he drove parallel and reminded me it was a 50 zone before pulling away to give the same message to another driver. Proper policing rather than hiding in a bush with a camera to get another £60.

It must be "Good Policing" week or something.....I "undertook" an unmarked grey Nissan Qashqai who was doing 75 in the overtaking lane on the eastbound M62 on Sunday pm. There was no traffic on his inside and I passed him just making progress (not aggressively) until I came upon traffic in the middle lane and then indicated to pull out and overtake, at which point the Qashqai driver sped up and blocked me.
He pulled back and let me in, then put on his blue lights ... :dont know:
I gradually pulled over the the hard shoulder and when he stopped behind me he approached on foot on the passengers side in full riot gear (leg shields, shoulder pads etc)
In a very short retelling of the story I agreed immediately that I had "technically" undertaken him (but I didn't question why he was blocking the outside lane in the first place). He politely told me to be more aware of the motorway rules and sent me on my way.
I got a bigger bollocking from Mrs Porschekit who was sitting next to me.
Anyway, no harm done, just a polite reminder of the speed limit.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back