Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dripping water after driving

Rob6

I have noticed water dripping from underneath my 2007 997 after driving.
I don't know the source but it is dripping from a chassis member roughly below the handbrake area.
It drips for around 20 minutes then stops.
I am not sure if it is related but I recently got a warning of low windscreen water. I have since topped it up but it has made no difference to the dripping after journeys.

Has anyone had something similar?

Taste it, look at it. If it is colourless and tasteless it is from your A/C nothing to sorry about.

MC

ragpicker said:
Are you sure its not just the a/c? :?:

Sounds like the aircon to me as well. For OP - I have the same especially on warmer days. Noticed it yesterday in an underground car park after leaving the car for a couple of hours. Incidentally I noticed water under other cars as well so it's not just porkers.

FRZ 911 said:
ragpicker said:
Are you sure its not just the a/c? :?:

Sounds like the aircon to me as well. For OP - I have the same especially on warmer days. Noticed it yesterday in an underground car park after leaving the car for a couple of hours. Incidentally I noticed water under other cars as well so it's not just porkers.

Update - got in the car this morning and now have a warning about low levels of coolant.
Damn, starting to sound a bit more serious.
Thanks for the A/C suggestion I will have a taste later on this morning and hope the coolant warning is just coincidence.

If it is coolant it will taste very sweet. You have a problem which needs fixing either way.

MC

If it's in the centre of the car, in front of the engine then it could be coming from one of the arterial coolant pipes which run fore and aft. Hopefully just a jubilee type clip to replace. Need to know more about the location before can advise you better. On the plus side the coolant level sensor lives in the expansion tank. Even when this light goes on you still have many litres of coolant in the system. Get it topped up and try to ID where it's coming from :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back