Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel size and PCD 996 C2.

sje00

Guys,

I want to buy some nice light weight wheels for track use.

What is the widest wheels front and back I could go for on my 996 C2 Aero?
I presume the car is slightly lowered, as I'm buying the car with Coilovers already fitted.

Also what is the PCD & ET?

Cheers

There are actually quite a lot of options, but your best bet as a cost/weight/quality trade off is probably still the OZ Alleggerita in 996.2 GT3 sizes (18x8.5 ET 40 fronts and 18x11 ET 63 rears).

That is as wide a front as is going to fit and as wide a rear as it is worth having (there is no benefit in going to a 12" rear rim as there aren't any tyres in production that you could mount on it that are going to give you more grip than the semi-slick options for an 11" rim). You'll be after track day rubber in 235/40R18 and 295/30R18 (gen 2 GT3 sizes).

It is possible with some suspension fiddling to mount 19" wheels with 245s and 305s on a 996 (same wheel widths though), but that is a tad extreme and you have to ask the question of how much grip you want in a car that doesn't have a dry sump engine. :?:

Cheers for the replies guys 😁

I currently have GT3 wheels on the car. I just fancied something lighter, maybe bit wider and keep the GT3 wheels clean and fresh.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back