Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Coolant tank cap

Hi,

I have evidence of some coolant leaking, on the expansion tank cap and over/down the side of the tank itself.

I have had the car for four years and the tank looks like new still.

I will inspect the neck with the cap off for cracking, but could I just need a new cap? Are they prone to failure?

Cheers,
Mike.

Check the number on your cap there , updated version ends in 4 i think if memory serves me right , not expensive from Porsche :thumbs:

BHZ661 said:
Check the number on your cap there , updated version ends in 4 i think if memory serves me right , not expensive from Porsche :thumbs:

Correct - there are about 4 revisions along the way and at only £20 or so its well worth doing.

This is the one in my eBay watch list. No issues with mine but I'll be swapping it when I do my rads and stuff.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152320082343

Get a price from OPC though as I often find eBay is more expensive than OPC.
My local dealers give 10% discount no problem too.

Actually that is coming up as OE quality now not genuine. So I'd ring your parts department instead. :thumb:

<deleted from watch list> :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back