Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Door hing pins

eyecandy993

Just noticed that upper and lower hinge pins of both doors seem to be working themselves out, The splines in the pins have all been exposed and two have their splines completely visible.Tried to tap them back into place but no budge. Is there a special tool other than the good old hammer. But should be resolved at an OPC, no?

They are interference fit (pretty tight) and do show some spline when properly home.

Do they have the C clips fitted?

Apparently not. Only the door stop pin has a clip. Since they are tight fit I will wait when at service. Thanks.

Just went out to check the car and my apologies I seem to have had brain fade. It is only the check strap pin that has a C clip.

I had new hinge pins and bushes fitted when the door was off for check strap surgery. Mine are now as per they were before and as per all 993's I've seen with the tip of the pin poking through and the top had a decent distance from the hinge. If you're thinking the hats should be tight to the hinge they absolutely should not be.

See this image for ref (not my car but similar positioning to mine and all I have seen)

Attachments

• img_0085_166.jpg
    img_0085_166.jpg
    768.6 KB · Views: 2,226
Oh, thanks again. Yes, two of the pins look like that, two others, their tips are near the end of the hole. They won't drop off soon, porker was only out on the road about six times 😱 even though weather is no problem here.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back