Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Locks and Alarm

BobbyT

Came home last night to find we had been burgled. Waiting for police to turn up and then we can start the clean up and determine what exactly has been taken (luckily the bastards were spooked and its only our bedroom that has been done over).

One thing I know they took is the box with all my spare keys in it. So I know the F*****s have my spare 993 keys, fob and red fob as well as the garage door key.

So question is what to do? replace all the locks? get a new alarm fitted?

Recommendations of what and where to get things done greatly appreciated.

Right now to sort out locks on the house.

Cheers
Bob

I'll PM as no sense putting solutions on here.

Very sorry to see that Bob.

Let me know if I can help with anything. I'll leave it to others with more experience to comment by PM on possible solutions.

thanks for your messages chaps.

Needless to say talking to the Insurance company has not been very fruitfull.

Bob ....... very sorry to hear that ....... I am sure we would all like to do the same to these scumbags ........ basically they are not wanted on voyage and should eliminated asap ....... no excuses ....... just goodbye ...... goodnight and sweet dreams r'soles.

I killed a man in Reno for far less . . . .
:bandit:

Change garage door lock or consider changing to a more secure door. Get house and garage alarmed if it isn't already. Change number plate on car ( they may know the reg and see it parked up one day). Invest in CCTV.

Wise work Jack.

Garage door is under a year old and is secure. they didn't get the remotes for the door.

We have alarm which spooked the bastards, considering some form of CCTV.

Car is now off site and won't go back until the locks are changed. I like the idea of changing number plate, but she is associated with my house so I don't think it will make much difference. Asking Mrs T to sanction another number plate might be a bit of a task too.

cheers
Bob

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back