Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Owners of 997 GT3RS can you help?

isysman

Hi chaps,

Any owners of a GT3RS or GT2RS on the forum can you help? I am trying to get a replacement sticker for my car and I need to get a photo close up of the sticker so I can read the text.

There is a sticker on the carbon sill in the photo below, this should be on the driver's side on a right hand drive car. It has tyre pressures on it. Coulud somebody get me a close up photo of this? It needs to be a 3rs or 2RS as the tyre pressures are different for the wider front wheels (otherwise I'd just take a photo of the one in my Boxster).

Thanks in advance

porsche-911-GT2-RS-interior-view.jpg

Have another look it may have a part number in the lower right hand corner.

Frenchmeister said:
Have another look it may have a part number in the lower right hand corner.

Yeah it will but I don't have one on my car currently. I'm having a copy made so I need the details from the sticker. Porsche want £200

Will have a look tomorrow :thumb:

isysman said:
I'm having a copy made so I need the details from the sticker. Porsche want £200
:eek: Surely not £200 for a sticker ??

Doesn't happen to include the sill as well?

Senoj said:
Thanks very much.

DRZ911 said:
isysman said:
I'm having a copy made so I need the details from the sticker. Porsche want £200

Nope it doesn't. Each sticker is £200. So you want the VIN sticker in the same area, £200 was well.

isysman said:
Senoj said:
Thanks very much.

DRZ911 said:
isysman said:

Nope it doesn't. Each sticker is £200. So you want the VIN sticker in the same area, £200 was well.

I don't think they'll give you a duplicate VIN sticker ? Might be wrong but my understanding is that they won't supply them.

Cheib said:
isysman said:
Senoj said:
Thanks very much.

DRZ911 said:
isysman said:

I don't think they'll give you a duplicate VIN sticker ? Might be wrong but my understanding is that they won't supply them.

The sticker in the door they will, I'm not talking about the one in the window. The sticker I'm talking about doesn't have the VIN on anyway

Bit of a random suggestion, but is the sill trim an illuminated one? And do you have an OPC warranty? When the illumination fails the whole sill needs replacing (£1000 per side)....And the sticker is ordered at the same time as its part of the assembly. OPC Warranty will cover this from experience. But expect the sticker to take longer than the sill to be made. Both are not always a stock item.

Great interior by the way. Really like lots of colour!

JZM has got a GT2 RS, they should be able to send it to you..

G2 said:
Bit of a random suggestion, but is the sill trim an illuminated one? And do you have an OPC warranty? When the illumination fails the whole sill needs replacing (£1000 per side)....And the sticker is ordered at the same time as its part of the assembly. OPC Warranty will cover this from experience. But expect the sticker to take longer than the sill to be made. Both are not always a stock item.

Great interior by the way. Really like lots of colour!

The sill is fine, I just need the sticker. It's not illuminated. Just carbon.

It's a total pi55 take 200 squids for a vin sticker.

Give these boys a shout with all the details such as chassis number etc as they make near perfect copies with the font,shape and background for a fraction of the costm

http://www.vintagsuk.com/

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back