Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

which new tyres

maldren

Albert Park
I was looking to change from Pirelli to Michelin PS2 but price has reared its ugly head!
I need 2 rears, 285/30/18, and the prices I have found from Tyre Leader are:
Michelin PS2 £200
Conti Sport Contact 2 £174
Pirelli PZero Rosso £166
Bridgestone Potenza S-02 A £159

All are 'N' rated.

Views please???

FYI

I got 14,000m out of my Conti's, good all year round grip.
Tyreleader prices have gone up though as I got my 295's for £304 over a year ago.

The price rise is down to the value of sterling - most of their prices have gone up!

I would recommend Michelin. Good at all the important characteristics of a good tyre!

I had conti's on and might be my driving but they did not last too long.

Now put Mich PS2 N3 on again and much prefer them.

Anyone had Pirellis and Michelin for comparison?

maldren said:
Anyone had Pirellis and Michelin for comparison?

I always ran pzeros on my 996 C4 and had no issues with them. After having a full GEO done the car was brilliant.

On advice of the 911uk consensus I put 4 x PS2s on my 996T soon after I bought it (replacing noisy Bridgestones) and found they really suited the car. I had no hesitation in doing the same when I first got my 997T.

If you've got pzeros on the front and don't want to change them I'd stick with Pirelli.

I found the Pirelli Pzeros on my C2 tended to tramline on the motorway. They also felt a little harsh a the standard pressures. Switched to Michelin PS2 and the tramlining is gone, plus the ride is better. They are a bit more expensive but as it's not a daily driver I'm not too fussed.

I have PS2s and PS4s on mine. They do seem more progressive than the Pirellis, although really they were not a bad tyre at all.

However, the Pirellis did not last well at all.

Ive got Pirelli rosso n4 on mine and can agree with the tramlining on motorways. I also find them quite noisy on some stretches of road but that may just be the road surface. Seem to be lasting a life time, nearly 10K on them and there's still plenty of meat left on the rears.

G3BML,
you've summed up my reservations on Rossos, if I do change however, I will start with mixed tyres as my fronts still have a lot of tread. Difficult decision!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back