Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The valuation game

Gottans

Hi Chaps,

I think I have had enough of Porsche ownership, the negatives are seriously outweighing any enjoyment I get from driving the car.

So what is a manual 997.2 C4S with 37k on the clock worth?

It is 2010 car on a 60 plate in meteor grey, full leather, PSE, sunroof, still has a years warranty left.

Thanks.

It is the ownership experience, it has been traumatic for me, not the cars fault.

Now I just look at it and just hate the f'ing sight of it.

Please describe your ownership experience a little more.

Very intriguing .... I would be interested to know exactly what you have experienced that is so negative & emotive ....
I haven' t seen this sentiment expressed before ...?

Optimistically I'd suggest 43k private, 40k trade.

My ownership experience is the complete opposite, loving every second of it. Would be interested to know your issues.

Actually I think the prices I quoted would for PDK so a bit less for a manual.

Price wise I think at the moment you could shift it for around £45k. Low mileage, manual C4S with sunroof and the right toys has got to be worth strong money in the current market.

Intrigued also as to reasons why any car would generate such emotion but appreciate it probably very personal.

I'm joining just to hear why it's been a trauma for the OP.

Gottans said:
It is the ownership experience, it has been traumatic for me, not the cars fault.

Now I just look at it and just hate the f'ing sight of it.

Not the car's fault? Who's fault is it?

Please clarify - your stance is intriguing to say the least... :?:

:popcorn:

Sounds like the OPC's if you look back at previous posts...

...and petrol...

...noisy rattles...

...paint issues...

...I'm not overly busy today, can anyone tell :grin:

Find a good Indy mate :friends:

:thumb:

Basically the car was purchased as a serious treat after a really shitty few years, I presumed I was buying a top notch car from an OPC, well the price was top notch anyway.

Shortly after this we had the rattle and squeak orchestra (dash, handbrake, passenger seat, sunroof, rear trim panels) plus it locked me in, not good when you need a comfort break.This got reasonably sorted out and first set of mysterious marks in the quarter panel appeared ( porsche crop circles?).

Interim service due after 6 months plus new rear tyres (£1800), this is where things went really down hill, deep gouge in the passenger window, paint removed from the nearside sill exposing the black corrosion coating and loads more mysterious dents in both rear quarter panels, paint scraped off the edge of the drivers door.

The source of the damage is now pretty obvious so reported the damage to the OPC who serviced it.

Excuse - pre-existing stone chip repairs that have failed despite no evidence of paint repair.

Further discussions ensued resulting in an offer to improve the 'look' of the damage, really the car was pristine before they got hold it. Basically further arguments ensued but not yielding a satisfactory result despite me offering a financial contribution to get a repair I would be happy with. They did offer to replace the window.

At this point I am asking questions about the dealer reputation which confirms my suspicions i.e. serial offender.

Repairing the above mess has cost £4200 because I just want it fixed and wouldn't trust the dealer to return it will less damage than it arrived with.

Having been messing around with cars for 30 years, if someone told me a story like this I just wouldn't believe it, the fact this is Porsche makes it more surprising, premium my arse.

Hope that satisfies everyones curiosity.

So what is the car worth?

Its the same as everything in life, as much as you can get for it / as much as someone is willing to pay.
There are plenty of strong Porsche buyers in the country, give each one a call.
Or alternatively if you can stand the crap that is thrown at you when you advertise privately, i suggest an ad in Autotrader.
Start high & see where you go from there, you can always come down but difficult to go up.
Its prime time to sell so i suggest you act swiftly.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back