Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Driving tuition

Trap 125

I'm hoping to get a bit of tuition soon but was wondering what the thoughts were on best place / person to go to...

How is Don Palmer? I had read some good things but I don't know anybody thats been to him.

I've done a few track days and had a few lessons on track but would like to develop my skills!

Any opinions on who to go to or advice is much appreciated!

Thank you.

If you enjoy track days but are finding they've become a bit boring, I can thoroughly recommend going through the process of getting an ARDS licence.

I did this at Silverstone over several (I forget how many) sessions. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Had the same tutor every time, so built up a decent relationship with him (he's a race driver himself). It takes you away from the comfort zone of regular track days into a proper racing environment. I remember being on track in an Exige with a couple of GT teams doing a shakedown test pre-Le Man's. Could keep up through the corners... Not a chance in the straight!

The exam is fun (after the event!) and my strong sense of schadenfreude kicked in when half the group failed including one "little rich boy" who didn't take failure so well ;-)

Definitely worth considering.

Thanks for the replies :thumbs:

Do you want to be a better driver on track or on the road, or a bit of both? Where you want to get to will determine the path you take.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back