Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Headlight beam adjusting...

997man

I know I could RTFM but, looking for a quick answer :D

How/can I change the beams on my 997.2 for use abroad ?

theres a little switch inside the lights behind the cover that flick from O to T :thumb:

yes you remove the headlights .. thats where the switch is .. its in the manual .. sorry for being a little rude .. but it tells you in the manual .. if you dont have a manual then thats fine ill see if i can find an online one .

EDIT ...

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&t=704962

Double Edit ..

Copy paste from said post ..

Go into boot compartment and unscrew plastic nut (near boot light / or opposite side one) and pull carpet away from inside of boot to expose a couple of holes with rubber flaps, and a bigger hole with a rubber bung in.
Remove bung, insert the socket wrench from toolkit(small hex) into the hole and rotate through 180 degrees. On the nearside headlight you basically rotate from 9o'clock through to 3o'clock.
Headlight is unlocked and you can slide out to the front.

Unscrew the 4 screws and press the 3 release tabs to expose the inside of the headlamp.

You will see the small tab clearly which is set to T for overseas and O for home.

Reverse process and make sure you rotate wrench back through to 9o'clock position - it makes quite a positive clunk!

Not rude at all - I thought they had to come out but, hoped that like my Skoda !! they could be adjusted via the onboard computer or an easily reached switch :wink:

Oh well I have a year to practice the conversion

Cheers

I never bother. They have a very flat beam and don't cause any annoyance.

Yes, you need to remove (if you wish to adjust)

And for completeness, the manual diagram:

Flick the lever on the back of the lamp unit (ie extract from wing in usual way):

"O" for "Origin"

"T" for "Tourist"

photo.JPG

... or get a 991 and do it all from the onboard computer!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back