Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.1 3.6 Carrera Cold Air Induction Kit

jondrayton

Hi,

Just in the process of fitting my Design 911 cold air induction kit and noticed that my car does not have the Helmholtz resonator which I assume to be present in the s model.

With the Helmholtz resonator not present is the kit (silicone hose / K&N Filter) likely to make any noticeable difference?

Cheers,

Jonathan

Jon, the 3.6 doesnt have the helmholtz resonator. but you will still see all the benefits of fitting the induction kit. fit the cap as you need to anyway but the engine will breath better sound better and with the sports filter add a bit of bhp its recommended as the first thing to do to these cars the wheezy engine will change to an engine that's breathing correctly. its a great mod my gen1 was a 3.6, great engines to play with tweaking a bit more out of them :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back