Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fixing telepeage Dongle/Tag to inside of 997 windscreen

Zermatt

Heading for sunnier climes next week - this time I've borrowed a Vinci Telepeage Dongle (for want of a better word)?which needs fitting to the inside of the windscreen - anyone know if there is a place it needs to go on a 997- I've read that some windscreens interfere with the signal ?

Cheers

The area at the top middle of the screen (behind the rear view mirror) is usually favourite. My Range Rover has one of the interfering screens and my peage tag works from that space I mentioned

160dmb said:
top middle of the screen (behind the rear view mirror)

+1

Perfect - that's where I'd guessed but good to get it confirmed -Thanks Chaps

Monaco and Stuttgart here I come

Just take it easy through the drive-throughs for the first few times until you get used to what speed you can take them at.

As stated above, or it works perfectly well by just holding the thingy up in your hand in the centre of the screen as you drive through.
Worked perfectly well last week.
Enjoy your trip. :thumb:

alex yates said:
Just take it easy through the drive-throughs for the first few times until you get used to what speed you can take them at.

+1, great devices, we use them with lots of different drivers on trips to the alps.

There is no drama to using them, but Alex is spot on about getting used to speeds at the automatic barriers, especially the outside (usually left and marked in orange) 30KMH "fast" lane.

Use a tag and cash lane (middle ones usually) at the first line of booths on each trip to make sure it still works.

+90% of the booths have tag sensors regardless. Even if you do mistakenly pick the cash only ones, just take the ticket and present it with your tag at a manned booth if there is one at the next line of boots down the road.

Enjoy the adventure...try not to hold your breath as you approach the auto barriers, but everyone does :grin:

Sorry for jumping in but I'm doing Monza via Stuttgart at the end of august do I need one of these?? Cheers guys and enjoy your trip zermatt!!

silvermilnec said:
Sorry for jumping in but I'm doing Monza via Stuttgart at the end of august do I need one of these?? Cheers guys and enjoy your trip zermatt!!

Depends on how many autoroute miles you are doing, this time I'm driving the car solo so it stops the need to lean right across the passenger seat to pay the toll. We will be up and down the autoroute behind Nice a few times and from memory they are very busy tolls.

You won't need one on the Autobahns in Germany as they are free , for Switzerland you need a Vignette which you can buy at the border or use one of the online toll companies to buy one before you travel.

Have a great trip in August ... What's your route ? Up the Italian lakes and the Swiss passes to Stuttgart

Just do they pay booth salute. I had one for several cars and would just hang it out the window as you fly by.

FZP said:
Just do they pay booth salute. I had one for several cars and would just hang it out the window as you fly by.

When I saw your header come up I thought I'd just replied to myself GT/Cocoa great colour combo :thumb:

Zermatt said:
FZP said:

When I saw your header come up I thought I'd just replied to myself GT/Cocoa great colour combo :thumb:

I might be biased but I tend to agree. I haven't seen another one in the wild, even though it was the colour combo Porsche chose as the launch combo, linking it to.the Carrera GT.

FZP said:
Zermatt said:
FZP said:

I might be biased but I tend to agree. I haven't seen another one in the wild, even though it was the colour combo Porsche chose as the launch combo, linking it to.the Carrera GT.

I have got one, love it and never seen anotner :D [/img]

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back