Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help - removal of side mirrors from triangles

Nattyboy

Hope someone can help - I am replacing the outer ring triangles but can't figure out how the mirror comes away from the black plastic triangles part. I've searched but can't find anything ? Cheers nat

Anyone -? I'm stuck lol !

Im not sure which bit you mean im afraid .. do you mean the outer triangle thats part of the mirror ? if so that holds the brackets and is basically the main part of the mirror .. glass out mirror off then its a case of undoing every screw you can see along with a few clips on the panels.

Any chance of a picture of what you mean ?

I think the lack of replys might be as no one quite understands which bit it is :)

Secondly i take it your no where near Brighton are you ? no one ever seems to be near me :(

Demort said:
Im not sure which bit you mean im afraid .. do you mean the outer triangle thats part of the mirror ? if so that holds the brackets and is basically the main part of the mirror .. glass out mirror off then its a case of undoing every screw you can see along with a few clips on the panels.

Any chance of a picture of what you mean ?

I think the lack of replys might be as no one quite understands which bit it is :)

Secondly i take it your no where near Brighton are you ? no one ever seems to be near me :(

I wasn't sure what he meant either so I took a stab at it by posting a link to a video on his other post , may help to move forward :eek:

Apologies for the lame post guys ! It's the outer triangles I'm trying to separate - haven't got a clue where to start and there's nothing I can find on the tinter web ! How do you take the glass off ? Thanks for the replies - appreciated.

I assume this is so you can paint it ?

If you are replaceing it then the new part will help you a lot here as you can see the fixings .

The mirror is pushed on .. its a plastic trim tool a bit of leavering and a certain amount of praying to get it off with out breaking it .

Try levering either top or bottom of the glass .. not at the sides ..and im not responsible if it breaks .

Once off then undo the 4 screws holding the motor on and unplug the harnes .. you can then see other screws in x2 metal bars , these are part of the triangle bit .. undo them and ones holding the cases on .. you can see the fixings basically .. its then a case of removeing the outer plastic covers and the wireing .

Might be best to take a few photos as you go , you might need them on rebuilding it .

If it helps then its worse than it sounds lol .. nah its not too bad but just dont force anything , if stuck then photo and post it so i can see were you are with it.

Its actually about 1hr to remove strip and rebuild at a garage .

If you just mean the triangle and its 2 seperate parts then i have no idear as ive never tryed im afraid but post a photo of the inside and it might jog the old memory :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back