Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Serviced & Just goes to show, its no good not using them

Boba fett

Magny-Cours
Just had a full service and full inspection done as I do yearly, and it just goes to show, its better to use these cars.

They could not bleed the brakes as the bleed nipples are all seized and I now have a snapped one (going back in for these to be released and the snapped one drilled out. I have some surface rust on bolts and clamps and a couple of brake pipes underneath that I am having addressed.

Must use it more.

Most annoying, one tyre pressure monitor is now not working, as apparently they have little watch battery's in them and mine is flat ? can these be coded out?

How does using the car more prevent the bleed nipples seizing?

alex yates said:
How does using the car more prevent the bleed nipples seizing?

Apparently it would lube them more, and steel corrodes in alloy, but its quite common apparently.

What do I know

:sad:

A good excuse to use mine more than daily then :thumb:

Still have a seized nipple though. :nooo:

I read this so often that cars that only do a few thousand miles a year seem to have more issues than cars used regularly , I think the sweet spot of use v depreciation is between 5k and 7k per annum . :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
I read this so often that cars that only do a few thousand miles a year seem to have more issues than cars used regularly , I think the sweet spot of use v depreciation is between 5k and 7k per annum . :thumb:

Its true, had a really good chat with the boys today, they reckon high mileage Ferrarri's & Lambos that are used are in much better mechanical shape than something thats just put a way and has an outing once or twice a year.

They have experienced all sorts of corrosion and sized bits and pieces with garage queens.

Mileage is king, and always will be, however its not in reality apparently.

Ferraris are the most common cars EVER to get clocked. I wouldn't trust the mileage on any of them.

Boba - yes they can be coded out with PIWIS.

I had mine coded out when I got the car, they were a right pain on my C4S so I am really glad I did.

jonno_ said:
Boba - yes they can be coded out with PIWIS.

Perfect thanks, although the faulty one is going up, it stared off at 1.6 bar and it's now 1.9.

:thumb:

apollokre1d said:
I had mine coded out when I got the car, they were a right pain on my C4S so I am really glad I did.

Agreed dash board like a bloody Christmas tree!!

Is there not a fuse that can be pulled?

Boba fett said:
apollokre1d said:

Agreed dash board like a bloody Christmas tree!!

Is there not a fuse that can be pulled?

Not sure mate, Ken coded them out for me so I think it might be a PIWIS job which should not take too long if you are taking the car back to have the bleed nipples done?

I followed the advice on this forum and replaced all nipples with stainless steel versions from Pro Calipers to never have this problem/hassle again. Worthy of your consideration I'd say.

It needs coding out in the gateway and the instrument cluster if you want to do away with them. To be honest my old Gen 1 Turbo had already had the TMPS removed when I brought it. I refitted all new sensors and coded it back in again with Durametric as if it was fitted to the car I like it working and I like the safety aspect of TPMS. Tha said I can understand it being coded out if you are not prepared to shell out for the sensors.

It's now a legal requirement from 2014 to be fitted to all new cars so it looks as though I'm not the only one that thinks it's a good idea. :thumbs:

MarkC4S said:
I followed the advice on this forum and replaced all nipples with stainless steel versions from Pro Calipers to never have this problem/hassle again. Worthy of your consideration I'd say.

I'll look into this. Thanks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back