Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Steering Wheels

Les Richards

Evening all, can anyone recommend a product to clean the rim of my standard 993 steering wheel, please? It feels a bit 'tacky' and in the warm weather not comfortable to hold. I don't really want to resort to my Danny Wilde driving gloves...

What is the preferred MOMO wheel (size/type) for the 993? I quite like the idea of the air bag in the standard item but might be persuaded to try a change.

Soap (not liquid) and water with a not too stiff nail brush. Don't get it too wet and try to get a good foam. Wipe with damp cloth and towel dry.
ref:-https://www.endurancewarranty.com/learning-center/shoptalk/how-to/clean-maintain-steering-wheel/

I have always liked Zaino Z-9 for cleaning leather and Z-10 for conditioning. Restores the new leather smell too.

Never heard of Zaino Z-9.

Where can I get some, please?

My preferred wheel for the 993 is the one fitted to 968 CS expensive though.
same diameter as 993 RS one but thicker rim. I used an offset spacer for a bit more knee room. Be very careful when removing the air bag and it's not straighforward, a resistor has to be connected to the sensor wires, looks better with a 964 clamshell.

You could always fit a raid steering wheel. It has the massive benefit of retaining airbag, is thicker and available in various diameters. You have to be careful with diameter as a small change has a massive difference in driving feel. I fitted a 365mm which is cRS size compared with the stock 380mm. 340mm would be too small in a 993 IMHO due to the relatively heavy steering.

Post on my journal explaining fitment here...

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=166

image_zps86808c75.jpg

I love my GT wheel and who new it had hands free in car communication!!!

Attachments

• img_3137_339.jpg
    img_3137_339.jpg
    648.8 KB · Views: 3,632

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back