Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 5
997 : 2004- 71
996 : 1997-2005 50
993 : 1993-1998 10
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 13
Cayman : 2005- 12
Cayenne : 2003- 11
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Bund
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 336
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Suggestions to replace my Turbo and RRS also? Reply with quote

I've had both cars about 2 years, the Autobiography Sport(older shape) warranty runs out in July and I've done 8k miles in it. I purchased the Turbo a month or so after and I've done no more than 2k miles in it.

The turbo sits in the garage and the sport outside the front door so 9 times out of 10 I take the sport, i also have two dogs so I cant do without a decent size car.

I clearly do not do much driving, probably furthest i drive is to a race track or my parents occasionally and i haven't done many races this year. Im probably getting lazy but i'm not fussed with the manual box anymore and I cant extract the Turbos potential on the roads anyway. I've started to wonder if a pdk n/a car would get me using the car more and which version of such a car is likely to be a fair investment like a Turbo?

I almost swapped out for an R8 but couldn't quite persuade myself.

Has someone got a car that covers both bases or maybe a car that would tempt me away from one or the other? If the sport wasn't so nice then sure i'd use the Turbo more but the bigger car is the one i use most so it seems silly to have a rubbish everyday when my dog duties mean i literally cant use the one in the garage.

I did have a Cayenne V8 Diesel when they came out but I'm just as happy with my Sport which cost half the price and again I cant see a point in swapping to the later sport as mines only covered 30k miles.

The Turbo is the car i can do without, anyone have an interesting suggestion or a car they want to put forward? Even 911V 993 green tip cab made me think but that box maybe a step to far for me.
_________________
996 Turbo X50, Caterham R300S race car, RR Sport, Toyota LJ70, JCB telehandler
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 12815
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was in your position ........... 981 Cayman S/GTS.

If it was to replace both ......... Macan.
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Kyalami


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 1768



PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How uncanny, I have an Autobiography sport (last of the old shape and technically the wifes) a 997 turbo manual, and ive just bought a daily which is a V8 M3.

I like them all, all good at what they do and are nice to drive in their own special way.

However,

The Range Rover is being changed for a Bentley as soon as the right one comes along, as it's my wifes dream car what with "House wifes of to much money to spend" and all that.

I nearly (very nearly) bought an F430 (chopping in the Porsche) but came round at the last minute. Its a great car and will go up in value, but it was either have the Fezza and drive around in a 2k lou lou (I don't like finance) for a time or get something nice on top of the Porsche that fulfills, so I bought the V8 M3.

A Turbo Porsche is a hard act to follow, and if its tuned then its an incredible car.

Maybe look at a GT3 if you don't mind slowing things down a bit!

Other cars I have driven and like

R8 V10
CLK BLack edition
Aston Martin DBS (I want one of these and might be next)
Vantage V12
Aforementioned F430

Ps - If you want one car that does everything, an RS6, a quick map and its 750bhp and a 1000 talks, brilliant car.
Thumb
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
m119cars
Trainee


Joined: 28 Jan 2015
Posts: 64



PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

991.1 GT3 has the PDK box and assuming your 996 is standard certainly wouldnt mean slowing down at all!

Values seem to be holding well and if as expected the .2 GT3's sell for overs once people start flipping them should hold up on the back of that for a while longer.
_________________
997.2....Halfords body kit and noisy exhaust.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 336
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
How uncanny, I have an Autobiography sport (last of the old shape and technically the wifes) a 997 turbo manual, and ive just bought a daily which is a V8 M3.

I like them all, all good at what they do and are nice to drive in their own special way.

However,

The Range Rover is being changed for a Bentley as soon as the right one comes along, as it's my wifes dream car what with "House wifes of to much money to spend" and all that.

I nearly (very nearly) bought an F430 (chopping in the Porsche) but came round at the last minute. Its a great car and will go up in value, but it was either have the Fezza and drive around in a 2k lou lou (I don't like finance) for a time or get something nice on top of the Porsche that fulfills, so I bought the V8 M3.

A Turbo Porsche is a hard act to follow, and if its tuned then its an incredible car.

Maybe look at a GT3 if you don't mind slowing things down a bit!

Other cars I have driven and like

R8 V10
CLK BLack edition
Aston Martin DBS (I want one of these and might be next)
Vantage V12
Aforementioned F430

Ps - If you want one car that does everything, an RS6, a quick map and its 750bhp and a 1000 talks, brilliant car.
Thumb


This is all getting very uncanny.... my sport is also 2013 haha

I did see the thread about the CLK Black which i also like and also I like the V12V, DBS, GT Speed and the R8(would have to be manual).

I had a 997 GT3 but swapped it out for a 430 F1 in 2007 after a couple of months of owning the GT3(financial mistake). I like the 996 GT3 MK1 too but likely to get driven as much as this Turbo. I still love the 458 and in time i'd like to get one but for now i also dont like finance and I have a lot tied up in development projects that will not bare fruit for 18 months.

The GTS is not a bad idea and i'd like a car with buckets and I did consider the RS4 but the DRC problems of the early cars put me off for the price of them and the B8 version has a plastic dash which would drive me mad in a £35/40k car.

991 GT3 would mean selling both cars and driving around in a cruddy 4x4 or estate for most of the time. I think that would wear thin on me too quickly. Yet its probably a good car for me, I done a couple of track days in my 997 GT3 and some in my 430 F1. I hands down proffered the 430 on track and at the time it was because i didnt have to take my hands off the wheel. I thought if i had the chance to buy the new GT3 i would of chose manual but i dont think i would now.
_________________
996 Turbo X50, Caterham R300S race car, RR Sport, Toyota LJ70, JCB telehandler

Last edited by Bund on Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Zingari
Donnington
Donnington


Joined: 25 Oct 2009
Posts: 11678
Location: Cheshire

1993 Porsche 964 Anniversary

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RS4 / RS6 covers all bases being an estate Thumb

Boba Are you a resident of Cheshire by any chance Grin I often sit outside taking a Costa Coffee in Alderley Edge and before I can finish it I reckon I can count 20+ RR (mainly black driven by women) and several Bentley GTC Rolling Eyes

They're going to get a surprise in a few weeks when I turn up in a 'Charger' Cool
_________________
Me? The 13th Duke of Wybourne? Here? In a sixth form girl's dormitory? At three o'clock in the morning? With my reputation? What were they thinking of?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Kyalami


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 1768



PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zingari wrote:
RS4 / RS6 covers all bases being an estate Thumb

Boba Are you a resident of Cheshire by any chance Grin I often sit outside taking a Costa Coffee in Alderley Edge and before I can finish it I reckon I can count 20+ RR (mainly black driven by women) and several Bentley GTC Rolling Eyes

They're going to get a surprise in a few weeks when I turn up in a 'Charger' Cool


No mate, I'm an Ashfordian (Kent) !! Its a white one as well !!

Are you getting a Hell cat, I'd love one of them, I can start smoking again !
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 336
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
Zingari wrote:
RS4 / RS6 covers all bases being an estate Thumb

Boba Are you a resident of Cheshire by any chance Grin I often sit outside taking a Costa Coffee in Alderley Edge and before I can finish it I reckon I can count 20+ RR (mainly black driven by women) and several Bentley GTC Rolling Eyes

They're going to get a surprise in a few weeks when I turn up in a 'Charger' Cool


No mate, I'm an Ashfordian (Kent) !! Its a white one as well !!

Are you getting a Hell cat, I'd love one of them, I can start smoking again !


One of my projects happens to be in Challock too. Wink

You do not see many Turbo's or Bentley's around that way.
_________________
996 Turbo X50, Caterham R300S race car, RR Sport, Toyota LJ70, JCB telehandler
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Boba fett
Kyalami


Joined: 14 May 2015
Posts: 1768



PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bund wrote:
Boba fett wrote:
Zingari wrote:
RS4 / RS6 covers all bases being an estate Thumb

Boba Are you a resident of Cheshire by any chance Grin I often sit outside taking a Costa Coffee in Alderley Edge and before I can finish it I reckon I can count 20+ RR (mainly black driven by women) and several Bentley GTC Rolling Eyes

They're going to get a surprise in a few weeks when I turn up in a 'Charger' Cool


No mate, I'm an Ashfordian (Kent) !! Its a white one as well !!

Are you getting a Hell cat, I'd love one of them, I can start smoking again !


One of my projects happens to be in Challock too. Wink

You do not see many Turbo's or Bentley's around that way.


Its all John Deer's Thumb I lived at Green Lane Challock a few years back.

You will notice though, no speed humps and just one speed camara and lots of nice roads, I think our MP is a petrolhead.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 336
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good road up the hill towards Challock if you dont have anything in front of you.

So I think PDK is my best option for what i want to pay out currently.

I just looked at 911 V 993 Cab again.
_________________
996 Turbo X50, Caterham R300S race car, RR Sport, Toyota LJ70, JCB telehandler
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 12815
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a 997 Turbo that regularly enjoys a run up Charing Hill, the road to Challock and beyond. Whistling

Having something in front of you is rarely an issue ....... apparently. Wink
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 336
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

T8 wrote:
I know a 997 Turbo that regularly enjoys a run up Charing Hill, the road to Challock and beyond. Whistling

Having something in front of you is rarely an issue ....... apparently. Wink


I think they're are only 4 corners till you get into the woods, it's just those 4 corners where the wrong Sunday driver ruins my up hill run 😉..... actually I had someone late brake to turn left into a drive last time I was going up there, I see it happening so was fine but ruined the sprint as was in the sport obviously.

Should this be a contender https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/porsche/911-turbo-997/porsche-911-997-turbo-tiptronic-s------------2007/7313787#/home? I wasn't a fan when I had a turbo tip replacement for my gt3 when new but different needs now.
_________________
996 Turbo X50, Caterham R300S race car, RR Sport, Toyota LJ70, JCB telehandler
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jonttt
Reims


Joined: 20 Aug 2012
Posts: 4142
Location: Liverpool


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macan GTS & Cayman/Boxster GTS job done

My solution is FFRR & Boxster GTS (of cars that I actually drive regularly) which is pretty perfect for me.
_________________
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Einstein

1997 Porsche 911 993 C4S My Journal
2014 Boxster GTS My Journal
2015 FFRR Black Edition (soon to be replaced 740 Msport)
2017 RR Evoque Autobiography
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Bund
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 10 Nov 2013
Posts: 336
Location: London


PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonttt wrote:
Macan GTS & Cayman/Boxster GTS job done

My solution is FFRR & Boxster GTS (of cars that I actually drive regularly) which is pretty perfect for me.


I'll look into the Cayman/Boxster GTS.
_________________
996 Turbo X50, Caterham R300S race car, RR Sport, Toyota LJ70, JCB telehandler
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jsr2014
Newbie


Joined: 06 Jun 2017
Posts: 12



PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting and also strange.

I just chopped in my 2014.5 RRS 5.0S/C AB for the 991.2 C4S, I bought my wife a used X3 for the dog and all that rubbish.

I live in Harrietsham so know those roads well, I commute to Tenterden daily and I particularly like the route via Pluckley (past Charing Station), if thats clear its a lovely long sweeping road all the way to Bethesden.....
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jotaking
Spa-Francorchamps


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 327



PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonttt wrote:
My solution is FFRR & Boxster GTS (of cars that I actually drive regularly) which is pretty perfect for me.


What is a FFRR??

It sounds like a stutter or a stuck keyboard?
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
ragpicker
Paul Ricard


Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 3099
Location: North East England


PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FFRR = Full Fat Range Rover - ie the 'proper' one, none of this 'sport' business like myself and so many others wife's seem to have on here...
_________________
996 turbo - slightly modified....
986 S - usually in pieces: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=112626
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
nickjonesn4
Trainee


Joined: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 61



PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for this http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-reviews/mercedes-benz/mercedes-amg-e63-s-4matic-estate-2017-review/ absolute beast of a car

And a nice classic NA Porsche of some description for high days and holidays.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 11 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum