Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suggestions to replace my Turbo and RRS also?

Bund

I've had both cars about 2 years, the Autobiography Sport(older shape) warranty runs out in July and I've done 8k miles in it. I purchased the Turbo a month or so after and I've done no more than 2k miles in it.

The turbo sits in the garage and the sport outside the front door so 9 times out of 10 I take the sport, i also have two dogs so I cant do without a decent size car.

I clearly do not do much driving, probably furthest i drive is to a race track or my parents occasionally and i haven't done many races this year. Im probably getting lazy but i'm not fussed with the manual box anymore and I cant extract the Turbos potential on the roads anyway. I've started to wonder if a pdk n/a car would get me using the car more and which version of such a car is likely to be a fair investment like a Turbo?

I almost swapped out for an R8 but couldn't quite persuade myself.

Has someone got a car that covers both bases or maybe a car that would tempt me away from one or the other? If the sport wasn't so nice then sure i'd use the Turbo more but the bigger car is the one i use most so it seems silly to have a rubbish everyday when my dog duties mean i literally cant use the one in the garage.

I did have a Cayenne V8 Diesel when they came out but I'm just as happy with my Sport which cost half the price and again I cant see a point in swapping to the later sport as mines only covered 30k miles.

The Turbo is the car i can do without, anyone have an interesting suggestion or a car they want to put forward? Even 911V 993 green tip cab made me think but that box maybe a step to far for me.

If I was in your position ........... 981 Cayman S/GTS.

If it was to replace both ......... Macan.

How uncanny, I have an Autobiography sport (last of the old shape and technically the wifes) a 997 turbo manual, and ive just bought a daily which is a V8 M3.

I like them all, all good at what they do and are nice to drive in their own special way.

However,

The Range Rover is being changed for a Bentley as soon as the right one comes along, as it's my wifes dream car what with "House wifes of to much money to spend" and all that.

I nearly (very nearly) bought an F430 (chopping in the Porsche) but came round at the last minute. Its a great car and will go up in value, but it was either have the Fezza and drive around in a 2k lou lou (I don't like finance) for a time or get something nice on top of the Porsche that fulfills, so I bought the V8 M3.

A Turbo Porsche is a hard act to follow, and if its tuned then its an incredible car.

Maybe look at a GT3 if you don't mind slowing things down a bit!

Other cars I have driven and like

R8 V10
CLK BLack edition
Aston Martin DBS (I want one of these and might be next)
Vantage V12
Aforementioned F430

Ps - If you want one car that does everything, an RS6, a quick map and its 750bhp and a 1000 talks, brilliant car.
:thumb:

991.1 GT3 has the PDK box and assuming your 996 is standard certainly wouldnt mean slowing down at all!

Values seem to be holding well and if as expected the .2 GT3's sell for overs once people start flipping them should hold up on the back of that for a while longer.

Boba fett said:
How uncanny, I have an Autobiography sport (last of the old shape and technically the wifes) a 997 turbo manual, and ive just bought a daily which is a V8 M3.

I like them all, all good at what they do and are nice to drive in their own special way.

However,

The Range Rover is being changed for a Bentley as soon as the right one comes along, as it's my wifes dream car what with "House wifes of to much money to spend" and all that.

I nearly (very nearly) bought an F430 (chopping in the Porsche) but came round at the last minute. Its a great car and will go up in value, but it was either have the Fezza and drive around in a 2k lou lou (I don't like finance) for a time or get something nice on top of the Porsche that fulfills, so I bought the V8 M3.

A Turbo Porsche is a hard act to follow, and if its tuned then its an incredible car.

Maybe look at a GT3 if you don't mind slowing things down a bit!

Other cars I have driven and like

R8 V10
CLK BLack edition
Aston Martin DBS (I want one of these and might be next)
Vantage V12
Aforementioned F430

Ps - If you want one car that does everything, an RS6, a quick map and its 750bhp and a 1000 talks, brilliant car.
:thumb:

This is all getting very uncanny.... my sport is also 2013 haha

I did see the thread about the CLK Black which i also like and also I like the V12V, DBS, GT Speed and the R8(would have to be manual).

I had a 997 GT3 but swapped it out for a 430 F1 in 2007 after a couple of months of owning the GT3(financial mistake). I like the 996 GT3 MK1 too but likely to get driven as much as this Turbo. I still love the 458 and in time i'd like to get one but for now i also dont like finance and I have a lot tied up in development projects that will not bare fruit for 18 months.

The GTS is not a bad idea and i'd like a car with buckets and I did consider the RS4 but the DRC problems of the early cars put me off for the price of them and the B8 version has a plastic dash which would drive me mad in a £35/40k car.

991 GT3 would mean selling both cars and driving around in a cruddy 4x4 or estate for most of the time. I think that would wear thin on me too quickly. Yet its probably a good car for me, I done a couple of track days in my 997 GT3 and some in my 430 F1. I hands down proffered the 430 on track and at the time it was because i didnt have to take my hands off the wheel. I thought if i had the chance to buy the new GT3 i would of chose manual but i dont think i would now.

RS4 / RS6 covers all bases being an estate :thumb:

Boba Are you a resident of Cheshire by any chance :grin: I often sit outside taking a Costa Coffee in Alderley Edge and before I can finish it I reckon I can count 20+ RR (mainly black driven by women) and several Bentley GTC :roll:

They're going to get a surprise in a few weeks when I turn up in a 'Charger' 8)

Zingari said:

Boba Are you a resident of Cheshire by any chance :grin: I often sit outside taking a Costa Coffee in Alderley Edge and before I can finish it I reckon I can count 20+ RR (mainly black driven by women) and several Bentley GTC :roll:

No mate, I'm an Ashfordian (Kent) !! Its a white one as well !!

Are you getting a Hell cat, I'd love one of them, I can start smoking again !

Boba fett said:
Zingari said:

One of my projects happens to be in Challock too. ;)

You do not see many Turbo's or Bentley's around that way.

Bund said:
Boba fett said:
Zingari said:

One of my projects happens to be in Challock too. ;)

You do not see many Turbo's or Bentley's around that way.

Its all John Deer's :thumb: I lived at Green Lane Challock a few years back.

You will notice though, no speed humps and just one speed camara and lots of nice roads, I think our MP is a petrolhead.

Thats a good road up the hill towards Challock if you dont have anything in front of you.

So I think PDK is my best option for what i want to pay out currently.

I just looked at 911 V 993 Cab again.

I know a 997 Turbo that regularly enjoys a run up Charing Hill, the road to Challock and beyond. :whistle:

Having something in front of you is rarely an issue ....... apparently. :wink:

T8 said:
I know a 997 Turbo that regularly enjoys a run up Charing Hill, the road to Challock and beyond. :whistle:

Having something in front of you is rarely an issue ....... apparently. :wink:

I think they're are only 4 corners till you get into the woods, it's just those 4 corners where the wrong Sunday driver ruins my up hill run 😉..... actually I had someone late brake to turn left into a drive last time I was going up there, I see it happening so was fine but ruined the sprint as was in the sport obviously.

Should this be a contender https://www.pistonheads.com/classif...bo-tiptronic-s------------2007/7313787#/home? I wasn't a fan when I had a turbo tip replacement for my gt3 when new but different needs now.

Macan GTS & Cayman/Boxster GTS job done

My solution is FFRR & Boxster GTS (of cars that I actually drive regularly) which is pretty perfect for me.

jonttt said:
Macan GTS & Cayman/Boxster GTS job done

My solution is FFRR & Boxster GTS (of cars that I actually drive regularly) which is pretty perfect for me.

I'll look into the Cayman/Boxster GTS.

Interesting and also strange.

I just chopped in my 2014.5 RRS 5.0S/C AB for the 991.2 C4S, I bought my wife a used X3 for the dog and all that rubbish.

I live in Harrietsham so know those roads well, I commute to Tenterden daily and I particularly like the route via Pluckley (past Charing Station), if thats clear its a lovely long sweeping road all the way to Bethesden.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back