Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speaker groaning ??

Rickenbacker

After a couple of months looking around , I bought home a beautiful 2006 997 Carrera S Cabriolet last week . All checked over with borescope and full PPI.

Can anyone help identify the strange noise I get when opening the car.
The noise happens when I unlock the doors by key and open the door.
I was told by the technician who performed the PPI that it is the central speaker on the dash.

https://youtu.be/keu8YN45ovs

Anyone suffered from the same noise ?[/img]

Does the pasenger window actually work ? .. as to me it sounds like its trying to drop the window when you open the door which is normal but the mechanism is just spinning on the cables.

If the noise is actually coming from the speaker then i can only assume its some sort of wiring short in the door harness .. ive never herd that noise before though .

Thanks Demort. The passenger window does work. I'll check tomorrow to see if it drops slightly upon opening the car. I'll get back to you.
Thanks for replying.

Speaker groaning

So I checked the car again this morning. Pressed unlock on the key, then opened the passenger door, no growing noise and the passenger window dropped 1/4 " as it should. Shut the door and the window went back up to the closed position as it should. Repeated the procedure on the drivers side with the same results. This is the first time in four days that the car has not made the growing noise !

I'll continue to monitor it and will advise.

Thanks
Rickenbacker

Lol .. thats sods law that is !

If the window drops then its probably not the window , all i have left is a short in the door wiring harness causeing something like the window feed to short against the speaker wires .

See how you get on and let us know please :)

is it weather related? much warmer/drier this morning than the last couple of days.....

speaker groaning ?

I don't believe it is weather related, because it was making the noise last weekend when it was very hot, and also during the last few rainy cooler days.
I'm beginning to think it may have something to do with the amp and Demort's short somewhere .

I'm kind of hoping it has gone away already.

I know thats probably wishful thinking.................... :dont know:

update

Just a little update on the groaning noise from my centre speaker.
Tore at Bergville F/X thought that it was my amplifier and explained to me how to test it.
It seems he is correct, the amplifier is faulty and is now on its way to Norway for repair.
I have no noise now that the amp has been removed.
I will update when it is returned and refitted. :) :thumbs:

update

Just a little update on the groaning noise from my centre speaker.
Tore at Bergville F/X thought that it was my amplifier and explained to me how to test it.
It seems he is correct, the amplifier is faulty and is now on its way to Norway for repair.
I have no noise now that the amp has been removed.
I will update when it is returned and refitted. :) :thumbs:

sorry duplicated unintentionally :nooo:

all fixed

Received my ASK amplifier back from Bergville FX, now reinstalled and hey presto no groaning noise from the speakers when i open the car, and the stereo all functions correctly. Thanks Tore at Bergville. Apparently this is a fairly common problem with the ASK amp. :) :) :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back