Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GTS updates?

weejimmy

Seemed like a bunch of folks were imminently expecting their new GTS's... any updates? Keen to hear opinions and see some pics!

I should have been picking mine up this weekend! :?

But it's been delayed by a couple of weeks due to needing to go to Porsche Exclusive after it was built....no doubt to be dismantled and then rebuilt with some of my leathery upgrades.

Should be at the dealer two weeks on Friday, then off to be detailed and the front end PPF'd...then collect on 23rd.

I've had my 991.2 4 GTS three weeks now. I'll try to post some pics in a minute.
I'm blown away with how it drives, I've come from a Boxster Spyder and the road holding and cornering is just fantastic. Really fast too although I'm taking it easy at the moment, until its done 2000 miles.

Looks fantastic- a class act ......

Looks fabulous. Love the interior. Getting itchy for mine now which is also a GTS4 with the full GTS interior.

What was your spec? Can see the obvious like glass sunroof, but did you go for rear wheel steer?

weejimmy said:
Looks fabulous. Love the interior. Getting itchy for mine now which is also a GTS4 with the full GTS interior.

What was your spec? Can see the obvious like glass sunroof, but did you go for rear wheel steer?
The full GTS interior is well worth it, it looks and feels great
I'm afraid I went a bit mad with the spec! Yes it has rear wheel steer.
As well as what's mentioned the car has; LED lights, Park assist with camera, PDK, cruise, dimming mirrors, light design package, multifunctional steering wheel, 18 way adaptive seats, seat heating and the illuminated carbon door sills!

elucius said:
I've had my 991.2 4 GTS three weeks now.

:eek: , I didn't realise yours was a 4.

That doubles the :envy: :envy: from me

elucius said:
The full GTS interior is well worth it, it looks and feels great
I'm afraid I went a bit mad with the spec! Yes it has rear wheel steer.
As well as what's mentioned the car has; LED lights, Park assist with camera, PDK, cruise, dimming mirrors, light design package, multifunctional steering wheel, 18 way adaptive seats, seat heating and the illuminated carbon door sills!

Is there a box on the options list that you didn't tick :?:

Lovely looking car. :thumb:

Health to enjoy. :lol:

1,500 mile update.

Pretty much run in now, although I haven't 'launched" it yet.

The overall impression is awe at how Porsche have managed to create a car that at one end of the scale can be driven quietly, sensibly and comfortably on long journeys but with a prod of the accelerator turns into a road-eating beast. It really is having your cake and eating it in an automotive sense.

Took the GTS up to Anglesey and back from Oxford and it was just delightful. Went through Snowdonia on the way up (and had to pass some slower traffic, you know how it is...) then A-roads and motorways on the way home. It just works, as they say.

Driven with commitment, it's really too fast for public roads. There are odd corners with good sight lines and deserted straights where you can see the potential but most of the time I hold back, secure in the knowledge that it's one of the quickest cars you can buy but it doesn't mean you have to use that all the time. It's really enjoyable at sane (and legal) velocities and the way it grips the tarmac and scythes though bends has to be experienced to be believed.

I've let a couple of friends use it and they all remark how easy it is to drive, like a Mini, but have all been shocked when they first gave it a really good prod. The braking performance is astounding: speed gets wiped off with no drama at all and I am still braking far too early (probably a good thing).

I bought it as a fun, special occasion, dry weekend, keep-it-in-the-garage car. I now realise that it would be superb as a daily because it just doesn't feel like a compromise. I have an 8-piece set of fitted luggage and with two people, you could go touring for a fortnight without needing to wash anything. Had it PPF'd last week so not worried about grit-blasting the front any more. By far and away the best car I've ever had.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back