Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

QUICK Question! Advice on IMMINENT purchase ...

911DG

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi guys

About to pull the pin on a sweet 997 C2 S - gen 1 black cab. 36k miles.

I posted last week about a white one I chose to pull out of. This one offers much lower miles!

It's from Prince Motor Group - nr Hatfield / St Albans. Only done small miles, drives beautifully, looks Mint. They offer a full RAC warranty and they sell
Some ridiculous cars....

www.princemotorgroup.co.uk

It's just had a full service at an OPC. I've done an HPI check - all good.

MY QUESTION - would you guys get it checked by an Indy to OR woild you be confortable enough with the condition, the OPC service, the warranty and the fact that these guys clearly sell some Very high end cars???

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I would get a PPI done, it gives you something to go at them with to get work done before you take delivery, or alternatively the assurance that all looks good with the car.

MC

I'd get 'JAZ' in St Albans to give it a once over once I'd satisfied myself that, subject to their ok, I'd be 99% buying the car.

Peace of Mind + If they find anything the sellers should sort it.

Good Luck :thumb:

Full service at the OPC is pretty thorough so should have flagged any imminent work or repairs - i would just check that anything flagged has been rectified by OPC and ALSO regardless get a borescope only if you don't want to invest in a full PPI. Good luck

Looks nice (although tiptronic isn't my cup of tea). Get it looked at by an independent and include a bore check. It'll have the updated IMS, but as I understand 3.8 tiptronics are the worst for scoring bores, especially cars which have been driven in city traffic (low mileage). There's never any guarantee that you won't be affected further down the line of course, but you're spending the extra cash on a low mileage example presumably to avoid problems or to keep it for a long time. It's a good looking car, but remember that these aren't uncommon so you'll be able to take your time to find the right one.

As always guys some sound advice and it's advice I'm taking so it will get a full check over. That why this site is awesome !

Got to be a tip for me - Grown to love the steering wheel changes - NEVER have it in Auto mode, ever. Plus to many city miles sitting in traffic.

Holy crap it was quick - couldn't stop grinning and I've had 911s for 12 yrs but this was night and day compared to my 993 C4 and 996 C2 and C4 !

You know what it's like - once you find one you love - you just WANT IT :grin:

911DG said:
Holy crap it was quick - couldn't stop grinning and I've had 911s for 12 yrs but this was night and day compared to my 993 C4 and 996 C2 and C4 !

You know what it's like - once you find one you love - you just WANT IT :grin:

:thumbs:

Note for the future : DON'T ever take a Turbo for a test drive unless you know you've got everything in place to buy one. :D

Don't let the excitement get the better of you.
PPI would be my recommendation. If only to tell you it wants for nothing.
But I'd be surprised if that was the case.

PS Just noticed its a Gen 1 and not a Turbo. So borescope should be requested in the PPI.

If OPC do a 111 point inspection does that form the decision for warranty?

If so you kill two birds with one stone and I'd rather have Porsche warranty than RAC so if the dealers has to stand the cost of this warranty will they knock it off in favour of OPC warranty :?:

Just understand where you'll be on the off chance something goes wrong in a very short time. Although I think under the 2015 Consumer Rights Act you'd be covered even if they didn't offer an in-house warranty.

Zingari said:
If OPC do a 111 point inspection does that form the decision for warranty?

If so you kill two birds with one stone and I'd rather have Porsche warranty than RAC so if the dealers has to stand the cost of this warranty will they knock it off in favour of OPC warranty :?:

Unless the dealer is selling the car as a Sale or Return and can get the current owner to get an OPC warranty it won't be possible to get one for 90 days.

If the dealer can arrange that they would probably want an extra £500 for the car i.e the extra cost to them for an OPC warranty over the cost of an RAC one.

give Matt at Porschacare a shout, he is great and local. I live in Hertford and use him all the time.

Don't buy it, you need a manual :p

The RAC warranty is next to useless, it won't cover bore score for example.

To me, the advert reads a little bit "wide boy". Black Alloys are not'upgraded', they are refurbed for people from essex :)

It seems a strange spec, sports chrono, great, tiptronic, not great and the advert doesn't list the spec at all other than the upgraded alloys, even though it does the classic car dealer "high spec" rubbish.

I am a little biased, I hate black alloys with a vengeance (and revere bodykitted range rovers!) and can't find any reviews of them.

If it's the car for you, definitely get it PPI'd by someone like Matt.

Should say, if you are local, happy to come and give you a spin in a manual. Mine's 07 C2S cab, black, black, same wheels (not black!) and I might not be far away.

drop me a PM if you want to meet up and talk 911s, had mine over 2 years and did the whole research and test drive thing when I brought it!

Hi Guys

More great advice so she's booked in at Jaz on Thursday a check over. A 117 point check is 150 + VAT, to look at all the cylinders is £360+ VAT so ill be satisfied with the lessor i think.

Resigner - ill PM you re a meet up, im in London Colney so pretty close by, it would be good to check your car out for sure and chat 911's (you wont sell me on the manual though, the tip ticks the boxes for me :thumb:

Cheers All.

Dan

911DG said:
Resigner - ill PM you re a meet up, im in London Colney so pretty close by, it would be good to check your car out for sure and chat 911's (you wont sell me on the manual though, the tip ticks the boxes for me :thumb:

Glad you got things sorted Dan.

I lived in Park Street for 7 years so I know what twisties you'll enjoy when you get the car. :thumb:

Re: Tip/Manual. If you meet up with Resigner can you take him an old 33/45 so he can change the one he keeps playing. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back