Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Nottingham

JoePeps

I bought my 997.2 C2S from Nottingham about 7 months ago, as you'd expect the process of handing over £50k was quite well done from their side.

I had always had a little squeak from the front brakes but it wasn't worth booking in for, but when I started it after a heavy rain shower a few weeks ago and got a loud screeching from the back end, assuming slipping drive belt. Rang them up, booked in for Friday just gone for it to be looked at. I'd waited a little longer so I could have a car for the day, ended up being a shitty C class diesel, but at least it was a car so not really a valid moan I guess.
I asked if he wanted to have a walk around my car to check for damage etc to which he declined, didn't feel very professional to me.

Got a phone call from them early afternoon to say the brakes were being stripped and cleaned up to stop the brake noise, but the engine issue was a tensioner seized on the drive belt and not being covered under warranty!! I questioned this as he classed it as a 'consumable', which to me is ridiculous! Told him to ring me back in 5 minutes to tell me it was going to a FOC repair as there was no way I was paying £450 for that to be changed; 5 minutes later he said it would be sorted and car will be ready to collect later that afternoon - happy days.

Then I went top pick the car up, he had asked me on booking in if I wanted them to clean it which I thought was a nice touch, but I said to crack on as it saved me a job this weekend. This was the state of the 'cleaned' wheels:

I mentioned it to him and he offered to get them sorted whilst I waited but I wanted to miss the Friday traffic so declined, feel like an idiot as I should have just let them.

Overall I'm not completely satisfied, I certainly expected a lot more from such a prestige brand....

If that is the best/worst they did you should count yourself lucky.

Try Leicester opc, had good service from them

well done for standing your ground, I cant see how a tensioner is a consumable either. They will be telling us wheel bearings are consumables next. Sounds like you were unlucky, they normally go over my old 996 with me for body damage before a service, not sure about other repairs though.

porkyb1 said:
Wheel bearings are not covered by warranty...
Really? I bought my wife a shtty Renault back in the 90s secondhand for 3 grand. I noticed a noise from the front the following weekend. Took it back and they changed both front wheel bearings for free. So now you can't that spending 50k on a car?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back