Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone know earliest UK spec 996 VINs?Mine was built 8/12/97

C11BRA

Suzuka
I can't seem to find much info online about when the first U.K. cars were completed in the factory. My Porsche certificate declares a factory completion date as 8/12/97 which is less than 3 months from the Frankfurt launch of the 996. My Vin ends 02394 so am I right to assume that it is quite an early beast?

Any facts on numbers would be interesting.

Yours is the 2,394th off the line that year.

When it come to numbers, Porsche UK won't help.
Same with the museum in Stuttgart, but they did tell me to contact Porsche Classic: [email protected] As I wanted to find out if I have the first RHD 3.6 PDK, with my Chassis 494.

Mine was registered in Oct 1997. VIN ends 00835

Wow searider. Impressive.

How many miles? Original engine or rebuilt?

Original engine - although may have had an IMS bearing.
First owner was the supplying dealer - so I guess it was a demonstrator.
The 1997 price list has both 993 prices and "new 911" prices!

Whete did you find out the build date? Mine was delivered on 7/11/97 abd chassis number ends in 0823.

125k miles, original engine and, as far as I know, original IMS

Only 12 cars away from seariders (unless a few Boxsters got in the line)

The factory completion date can be found on the official Porsche Certificate of Authenticity. Free to Porsche Club UK members.

Would love to know when your 2 cars were completed.

I'm assuming both your cars are 'W' 1998 model year cars as the 14 'V' 1997 models were all sold to Brazil

Model year is digit 10 in your VIN

Yes, 1998 model year W

Ah I'm not a club member.

Yes mine's a W as well. Funny to think our cars might have been so close. Any interesting options on yours searider? Mine is a fairly normal c2, black, space grey interior with LSD.

Would've loved an arena red one with the aerokit so I'm attempting to source all the bits. I've got a front bumper, just need the skirts and the rear spoiler now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back