Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whats's the story RE12XJD late 997.2 Turbo Manual ?

tgdesign

Hi Guys

Just seen this on a car auction site anyone know its story. It's broken but to what extent. It will probably be on some garage for court at the end of the month for 80k :?:

Cheers

Attachments

• gen_2_turbo_140.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 550
Re: WHATS THE STORY WITH THIS GEN 2 TURBO

tgdesign said:
Hi Guys

Just seen this on a car auction site anyone know its story. It's broken but to what extent. It will probably be on some garage for court at the end of the month for 80k :?:

Cheers

Interesting. Its an ex Porsche GB demo car. Drove it myself. Which site is it on?

We can't give feedback if we can't see the details

REG

Sorry

997 gen 2 turbo , red, carbon buckets seats , PCCB , centre lock wheels ,manual, Reg RE12 XJD. I was Porsche GB demo car I was told.
Its broken bit if it took 15k to fix may be worth a punt at the right £££ :?:

Attachments

• gen_2_turbo_641.pdf
    71.2 KB · Views: 458
You can view it if you click on the download tab.

Very interesting spec, Gen 2 with CL, red with bucket seats and a manual gearbox.... Can't be too many of those around. Wonder what is wrong with it?

RE12XJD
RE12 XJD

Major Oil Leak and broken passenger window. I would say it was nicked and joy ridden at least. The oil leak might be nothing but even if it is some numpty at a garage mis-threaded the sump plug its a damn sham.
It will go for a stupidly high amount anyway as BCA cars normally do approach retail

Well I still only see a few details. But if it has a major oil leak then for me I'd go by the idiom 'hope for the best prepare for the worst'. I'd assume it might need a new engine or major rebuild, so I'd assume about £30k which is what I understand is the cost of a new engine.

isysman said:
Well I still only see a few details. But if it has a major oil leak then for me I'd go by the idiom 'hope for the best prepare for the worst'. I'd assume it might need a new engine or major rebuild, so I'd assume about £30k which is what I understand is the cost of a new engine.

Mould on the interior too so i assume its recorded too with flood damage or the like? Strange its only just come up for sale. Pinged BCA an email asking relevant questions but no reply. Manual gen 2 rare as hens teeth especially with buckets and ceramics :thumb:

Martian said:
Desert Dragon said:
.....Manual gen 2 rare as hens teeth......

No they're not. I've driven two, friend has one and I know of one other. :roll:

I suppose it depends on how rare hens teeth are. :dont know:

In fairness to DD JZM used exactly that phrase when I spoke with them. I get about a bit and I've only ever seen 2 vs dozens of PDKs.

Martian said:
Desert Dragon said:

Also there are not many people that actually want a Gen 2 with a manual gearbox, just because it is rare does not mean it is actually desirable. I would not swap my car for a Gen 2 but if I was buying a Gen 2 turbo I'd want a PDK.

Martian said:
Desert Dragon said:

Can you perhaps show me a good manual gen 2 997 turbo for sale pls? I think I may be waiting a very long time for a bite :fisherman:

apollokre1d said:
Martian said:
Desert Dragon said:

Also there are not many people that actually want a Gen 2 with a manual gearbox, just because it is rare does not mean it is actually desirable. I would not swap my car for a Gen 2 but if I was buying a Gen 2 turbo I'd want a PDK.

Agree but thats not what I said. Just because they are indeed as rare as hens teeth by no means does this imply they are desirable. They're still rare though :hand:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back