Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking at a 997.1TT tomorrow and need build sheet

PShoney

Hey everyone

I am new to this forum but already find it incredibly helpful. After many years of itching to get one of my childhood fantasy cars, I am finally getting ready to pull the trigger on a used 997 Turbo. I am looking at one tomorrow morning and would really like to see the original build sheet. Before you tell me to go search the forum, rest assured I have done that and the links and methods I could find all failed to work for me. :dont know:

I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions or perhaps even a way to get the build sheet? The chassis number is: WP0ZZZ99Z7S787212

Any help would be much appreciated!

My first port of call would be Porsche OPC. What information is it that you want ? 997 service book contains the build spec and extras. If you do a Google search , you can cross reference the number to the item. Good choice and best of luck. Are you getting the car PPId?

PCGB :dont know:

I know if you sign up then you get a 'free' build sheet.

Bit late I know but might be worth a call, speak nicely to the lovely lady and hope she can tell you over the phone :)

Worth a try if you are desperate :thumb:

Ignore the above
beatdeadhorse.gif

This unique document includes the original factory-installed options of your Porsche, exterior and interior colour, engine and transmission type, production completion date and the original selling Porsche Centre. The Certificate of Authenticity can prove invaluable for restoration, resale and for displaying your Porsche at official Porsche events. This valuable document is designed to showcase the specification of your Porsche and is provided by Porsche Cars GB in a framed folder, with every Certificate signed by the company's managing director.

The price of this document is £65. However, if you are a member of Porsche Club Great Britain and include your membership number on your request form, there is no fee for the Certificate.* Proof of ownership is required.

:pc:

:nooo:

s70rjw said:
My first port of call would be Porsche OPC. What information is it that you want ? 997 service book contains the build spec and extras. If you do a Google search , you can cross reference the number to the item. Good choice and best of luck. Are you getting the car PPId?

Many thanks...I will give that a try. I always like to see the original factory info for the options, build month/year, etc. I am a bit paranoid with used cars, and while I am buying from an indy dealer who seems legit, I would prefer not to wait until the PPI to find out something is fishy.

And yes, definitely getting a PPI. Any recommendations on that front also welcome! Car is near Heathrow.

Again, many thanks! :thumb:

HSC911 said:
Ignore the above
beatdeadhorse.gif

This unique document includes the original factory-installed options of your Porsche, exterior and interior colour, engine and transmission type, production completion date and the original selling Porsche Centre. The Certificate of Authenticity can prove invaluable for restoration, resale and for displaying your Porsche at official Porsche events. This valuable document is designed to showcase the specification of your Porsche and is provided by Porsche Cars GB in a framed folder, with every Certificate signed by the company's managing director.

The price of this document is £65. However, if you are a member of Porsche Club Great Britain and include your membership number on your request form, there is no fee for the Certificate.* Proof of ownership is required.

:pc:

:nooo:

HAHA! I love the "beating of the dead horse" emoji. Fantastic. Thank you -- saved me some time. And to the other poster, thank you for the thought as well.

Congrats by the way, that's the best Turbo you are buying :bye:

Any details on the car you are seeing? Spec, colour, mileage etc...

Boba fett said:
Congrats by the way, that's the best Turbo you are buying :bye:

Thanks! I tend to agree. Did quite a bit of research and it seems the Gen1 Mezger engine will be a good long-term investment!

apollokre1d said:

2007 in Basalt Black with Tan Extended Leather. 6M. 35k miles. One former owner. Has Sport chrono, sunroof, heated seats, etc but don't have exact build sheet (hence my original post).

PShoney said:
apollokre1d said:

2007 in Basalt Black with Tan Extended Leather. 6M. 35k miles. One former owner. Has Sport chrono, sunroof, heated seats, etc but don't have exact build sheet (hence my original post).

Sounds good 👍 Gearbox?

apollokre1d said:
PShoney said:
apollokre1d said:

Sounds good 👍 Gearbox?

6-speed manual

PShoney said:
I am looking at one tomorrow morning ......

It's showing on the dealer website as 'reserved'. Is that for you :?:

Looks like a very nice car but at £65k it should be. :wink:

Blimey, my car has only 41k on the clock but wouldnt even think of charging £65k. Where do they get the numbers from these days??!!! And with tan leather

T8 said:
PShoney said:
I am looking at one tomorrow morning ......

It's showing on the dealer website as 'reserved'. Is that for you :?:

Looks like a very nice car but at £65k it should be. :wink:

I was going to say it sounds like a £60K car but I guess i was wrong :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back