Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C11BRA is in trouble. £750 leaking fuel rail/engine out?

C11BRA

Took C11BRA for an Mot/pre Swiss Alp check and spotted a suspiciously damp looking drivers side fuel injector rail. On closer inspection, it has suffered the same fate as my clutch pipe failure in Belgium during our last Euro trip....rust!

After cleaning with brake cleaner & drying with air blower, I could see that the fuel seemed to come from the end plug in the front face of the injector rail.

A quick check with Porsche identified the part as fuel collector & comes as a LH & RH set. £750! And looks like an engine out job.

We carried out a temporary repair but this needs fixing before our end of July Euro trip.

Anyone else had this?

Or have any advice?

Thanks in advance.

These are becoming more of an issue now as rust takes hold, get a pinhole while your driving and it's game over so worth having a good look at if your in there for a clutch or something similar.

I'd agree that second hand units will be the best budget solution, possibly swappable after lowering the engine in situ but for the sake of a few hours work I'd probably disconnect the engine and box so it can be lowered to the floor and then swap them. Put new set of fuel injector o-rings in there while your at it

Harv said:
These are becoming more of an issue now as rust takes hold, get a pinhole while your driving and it's game over so worth having a good look at if your in there for a clutch or something similar.

I'd agree that second hand units will be the best budget solution, possibly swappable after lowering the engine in situ but for the sake of a few hours work I'd probably disconnect the engine and box so it can be lowered to the floor and then swap them. Put new set of fuel injector o-rings in there while your at it

Agreed, get your injectors ultrasonically cleaned too, make a surprising difference to flow quality and idle smoothness..

Found a good set in Germany. Look in very good condition. Just over £100

Will order new seals & injector clip.

How easy is it to lower the engine a little? Any hoses to release? Is there anything to look out for? I don't want to twist or disturb anything unnecessary. It's 20 years old in December so things are getting a little settled in now & wont appreciate getting twisted & forced.

Will post pics if I tackle myself.

I noticed mine were getting rusty at the ends when I took my engine out recently, I cleaned them up and painted some POR15 on the affected bits, it was recommended as a cure to rust so hopefully it lasts.

Throttle body and plastic inlet manifold off and I think you should be able to get the rails off easily, also change the O rings for the injectors whilst you are doing that job as they will be close to failing if it's 20 years old soon.

wow :eek:
they are v rusty,
did you get away just lowering engine? if so how much? do these pipes start life with a galvanised look? paint them before fitting? is that an option.
after pictures?
cheers and nice job done :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back