Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Worn/dirty leather on handbrake lever

adamw

Hello all
Just picked up my 996T and the interior is in very good condition other than the handbrake lever which you can see from the below is very/dirty worn and I simply can't live with this :D
Before I replace, can any one suggest any process and products to try and get the lever back to a decent look or has it had it:
6E781E7A-28ED-466C-ACE3-5A2FF25239BD_zps2wmibnlv.jpg

I'm yet to attempt anything as only picked up Monday and been busy at work. I'm aware of autoglym leather cleaner etc but not sure that's going to cut it?

Any suggestions ??
:thumb:

Renovo is a good product that will re colour the leather.

What I did:

Look for a boxster handbrake assy on eBay with a mint cover £15.

Pull the cover off, swap for yours and relist the boxster handbrake at a fiver cheaper.

Otherwise you are going to need to clean, sand and then paint and lacquer that leather handbrake cover with leather paint products.

Thanks for the suggestions guys 👍🏻
Sounds like general consesous is cleaning will not treat existing..

I'll keep my eye out for replacement handbrake but good condition ones seem fairly rare and then there's hoping what comes up is in the right colour ..

I did fancy one of the aluminium finished ones but ridiculously expensive on design 911 (£720+vat :eek: )

I guess again I could look for a used eBay one..
:?:

Sorted!!

As luck would have it there was a good condition handbrake lever with the Ali embost porsche on for reasonable money ..

Purchased ...
thanks guys :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back