Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

grand day out in anglesey

wilsonny

i know the Illuminati will strongly disapprove of this, but here's a little bit of footage from the recent pcgb track day at anglesey showing our cars can still manage a decent showing and be a whole lot of fun:

https://youtu.be/V6g8vWyo8ec

well recommended day, no harm done other than a new set of boots required, which were due anyway.

Why would they disapprove ....... :dont know: ...... I have done the Goodwood Charity track day a couple of times ...... as have others who are certainly higher up the illuminati chain ....... so how many times did you hit the limiter ....... you seem to be taking it quite easy ......... ;)

madalaa said:
Why would they disapprove ....... :dont know: ...... I have done the Goodwood Charity track day a couple of times ...... as have others who are certainly higher up the illuminati chain ....... so how many times did you hit the limiter ....... you seem to be taking it quite easy ......... ;)

Always just touching the red line... it slows it down at the limeter !

Five years ago there was a a good gaggle of air cooled at thus event... last year and this year down to a couple sadly.

madalaa said:

I did over hear one guy talking about how much he'd got for his 993 when changing over to a Cayman. Needless to say, it was somewhat more than the fabled 25 bags...

I have to say the couple of times that I have "tracked" the old girl have been very enjoyable ....... I think I will be up for it this year at the Goodwood charity event ...... didn't do it last year.

Good little video that, enjoyed it. I had commented to several guys on the day that the little 993 was going very well, just didn't realise who was driving it until now :thumb:

I used to track my 964 a lot. Now got a 996T and tracked that at Anglesey last November. Slippy surface meant it came into its own.

wilsonny said:
I did over hear one guy talking about how much he'd got for his 993 when changing over to a Cayman. Needless to say, it was somewhat more than the fabled 25 bags...

Was he wearing rose tinted specs :dont know: It won't have been pleasant if he was an Illuminati member switching to a kettle :roll:

Link won't work for me, anyone else have issues see vid?

my only issue when i tracked the 993 was my helmet was slightly impeded by the roof due to me being a big twat, and at the time it had 70k suspension on it and was tired, so it wasnt as fab as it could have been.
the ride after new shocks, engine mounts and bushes was a lot tighter and i wish i had taken it back on track again after, but didnt get round to it.

the 993 was quite capable, the brakes were ok if not race spec, the back end came out whenever pushed too hard, and it loved it, the only downside is stone chips and damage which will eventually happen on busy trackdays and if you push hard all the time lol!

ChrisT70 said:
my only issue when i tracked the 993 was my helmet was slightly impeded by the roof due to me being a big twat, and at the time it had 70k suspension on it and was tired, so it wasnt as fab as it could have been.
the ride after new shocks, engine mounts and bushes was a lot tighter and i wish i had taken it back on track again after, but didnt get round to it.

the 993 was quite capable, the brakes were ok if not race spec, the back end came out whenever pushed too hard, and it loved it, the only downside is stone chips and damage which will eventually happen on busy trackdays and if you push hard all the time lol!

The only thing I'd say I've not seen is the stone chip risk at this track. Here in Cumbria it feels like you're liable to a chip every couple of drives on minor roads because of the loose stuff at the sides. In contrast I couldn't imagine a cleaner track than anglesey every time I've been there... of course there's always a risk with these days, but if anything I'd say stone chips much less than in normal use. Been to anglesey four times now. Maybe other tracks tend to be dirtier ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back