Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gundo Hack & PSE Hack

-- 997 --

Barcelona
Ok so i know there are two types of hacks, whare are the differences between the two PSE/Gundo in sound?

Cheers

J

J,
PSE isnt a hack its the porsche sports exhaust and retro fit is 2k, the other exhaust options are
1/ gundo hack this creates a join and partially bypasses the boxes depends on the dia of pipe used as to what tone you want.
2/ carnewal OE box modification , this is where carnewal open your boxes and modify the internals to create a nice sound while retaining the stock look.
3/ aftermarket exhaust , this is lighter than stock so adds some bhp as well as increased power from better gas flow these vary from £400 up to £7000 and can be valved to simulate PSE or non valved always loud. these vary hugely in cost and sound so need to be researched as to what suits your ear and budget.

:thumb: :thumb:

The PSE hack you may be referring to, could be to unplug/rewire so the exhaust is on loud throughout the entire rev range. (Obviously you need PSE fitted in the first place)

If you go for aftermarket exhaust you can choose which part/how much of the system to change.

A common one is to get rid of the centre silencer whilst retaining original rear silencers. This is often called 'bypass/muffler delete' and common manufacturers are Hayward & Scott, Sharkwerks, Milltek.

The sound is quite different between gen1 and gen2, even with the same exhaust setup.

With hindsight I would have gone for the gundo hack on my back boxes before going for centre bypass.

Hi guys, yeah i know about the pse etc, and sorry thats not a hack your right my mistake lol, i already have the topgear valvetronic, 200 cell and 3+3 branch, i also still have the exhaust that was on my car before my ne3 setup that im currently selling... and that wss modded to the PSE style..

What i want to know regards to the sound from gundo to Pse is there a sound difference at idle? Pictures below of my exhaust that was on my car originaly...

Cheers guys

J

Attachments

• img_20170423_094031_522.jpg
    img_20170423_094031_522.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 1,924
  • img_20170423_093843_771.jpg
    img_20170423_093843_771.jpg
    311.1 KB · Views: 1,924
I think phil997 has a vid on the sticky thread post gundo.

Is yours gen1 or gen2?

I'm interested in your OE back boxes if it's the original system you are selling....

-- 997 -- said:
Hi guys, yeah i know about the pse etc, and sorry thats not a hack your right my mistake lol, i already have the topgear valvetronic, 200 cell and 3+3 branch, i also still have the exhaust that was on my car before my ne3 setup that im currently selling... and that wss modded to the PSE style..

What i want to know regards to the sound from gundo to Pse is there a sound difference at idle? Pictures below of my exhaust that was on my car originaly...

Cheers guys

J

Hi J, The regular PSE is switched off at idle as it is controlled by the revs so only opens onto a louder setting at a certain rev , the carnewal switch that James was talking about effectively locks it open at all revs inc idle.

your gundo as in the pics is on loud all the time

your new topgear system will sound better than both of the above IMO,its a smoother more exotic sound to the gundo but is loud on open mine was measured 3 weeks ago in Germany at 133.9db, its also controlled by you not by the revs or speed of the car but on closed is just a bit more sporty than the stock exhaust.

The exhaust note is always open to debate as different guys are looking for a different note to suit there ears. I hope thats given you the info you were looking for :thumb: :thumb:

James M-S said:
I think phil997 has a vid on the sticky thread post gundo.

Is yours gen1 or gen2?

I'm interested in your OE back boxes if it's the original system you are selling....

Hi, the exhaust is original porsche from a Gen1 but the pipe has been welded on as PSE also someone else has enquired about these back boxes, i!l find out for definetly and if the other person has changed their mind ill offer them to you..

Cheers

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahab
Back