Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Serpentine belt idler / tensioner pulleys

Gurmot

Does anyone know if these are generic (and have suppliers details?).

I had mine stripped at the weekend to replace the voltage regulator and "Y" cable connecting the alternator / starter / jump post and it's cured my low voltage problem but I would like to change the three pullies and belt.

I know the OE parts are around £50-70 each but I believe they may be made by INA and I wonder if they are common with other (VAG?) uses.

:?:

You can just replace the bearings in the idler pulleys, same bearing on each one and they can be bought from any bearing supplier for about £10. I prefer the metal idlers but the updated versions are plastic.

Part no is in the picture

:thumb:

Harv said:
You can just replace the bearings in the idler pulleys, same bearing on each one and they can be bought from any bearing supplier for about £10. I prefer the metal idlers but the updated versions are plastic.

Part no is in the picture

:thumb:

That's very good info, thanks :thumbs:

Mine are metal like yours, but they have some surface corrosion. I suppose I could give them a rub down and new coat of paint, no point on the running surface anyway. I may just buy some bearings to have around anyway, seems a good way to go.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron2325
Back