Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm woes - query

SRDavis

The alarm on my 2007 Targa 4 has started going off at random; 6 times this week so far, most recently at 3:10 and 7:15 am today.
This also triggers the tracker system, so I then get a polite call from Vodafone.

I cannot see any obvious signs of problems, but have a query: when I arm the alarm, the LED on the centre console flashes rapidly 20 times, then once every 3-4 seconds. Is this normal? (I've never stood and watched it previously).

Any suggestions on things to check before I take it 80+ miles to the nearest dealer? (I have rung them; their answer is "Just pop in and we'll take a look", which is fine but I'd rather check what I can before I lose a day going to Cardiff).

The car is parked in the same place as it is normally parked, where we've had no problems for the last 2 years. Weather does not appear to be the issue; gale force winds and rain a few days ago caused no problem. No sign of insects or mice in the car, nor footprints from a cat sitting on it.

Simon

Have you tried locking it with the motion sensor deactivated - may help you pinpoint the problem - if you don't know, this is done by rapidly double clicking the key fob when locking - you'll hear a double thunk from, the car as you do it.

Thanks monster, will do. Hopefully, an undisturbed night's sleep!

I had a similar experience with my alarm. I was advised to close the centre armrest and the glove box firmly (and make sure they were both secure) and haven't had it since...

I've had similar alarm issues.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=120230

As Monster suggests double pressing the button on key fob will lock the car but not set the internal motion sensor, which for me seems to stop the alarm going off, but I'm still trying to find an proper answer to the problem as well!

Good luck...

Its a targa , they leak .. check under the passenger front seat , make sure its not wet there .

Under that seat is the rear control unit and it is kinda part of the alarm system .

Coins in the ashtray or center consol can also trigger false alerts .

Sorted...

I found the culprit - a biscuit wrapper, trapped up against the control module by the rear carpet.
As it was made of metal foil, it must have been interfering with the module, causing the alarm to go off.
Having removed it, all has been quiet; normal service has been resumed.
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Simon

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back