Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche crash near Burghead - anyone from here?

That car is cooked, good to see no serious injuries.

Ooof, there's a good example of the crumple zone! Those pesky trees don't budge much eh?

Norfolk & Idea said:
Ooof, there's a good example of the crumple zone! Those pesky trees don't budge much eh?

You got that right! I've seen trees half that diameter not budge!

To walk away from that uninjured is very lucky indeed!

Don't really get why the discovery went off as well?

Surely they weren't racing each other? :roll:

Bit of T-Cut will soon sort that out....

In all seriousness though, that looks pretty nasty, hope the driver was ok.

I wonder how much he wants for those wheels?

Lucky there was no serious injuries,could have been so much worse

jotaking said:
To walk away from that uninjured is very lucky indeed!

Don't really get why the discovery went off as well?

Surely they weren't racing each other? :roll:

Disco might be a sleeper :) doubt it though....

As mentioned, the crash systems have worked treemendously. You would expect for the car to fold around the tree, whereas the damage has been shared across the entire frontal area, incredible.

I know that road very well and it's a bit of a 'racetrack' as it's about half a mile dead straight into the village.
By the looks of it it happened just close to the turn off for Kinloss which is a known accident black spot, people come tanking up the road then someone pulls out from the junction and swerve, skid, bang!

Another picture here: https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/f...gency-crews-called-three-vehicle-crash-moray/

One of the benefits of having the engine in the rear is it can't get pushed back into the cabin on a full frontal like this. In high speed crashes its the engine entering the cabin that often causes the most serious injuries ;-)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back