Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dinslaken 2018 - Planning & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

askgeez

911uk MODERATOR UPDATE MARCH 24th 2018:

THIS THREAD HAS BEEN CLOSED and REPLACED BY THE ONE BELOW.

Click Here => Countdown to Dinslaken

NB: The time/date on the subject line of this thread represents the evening before the Dinslaken show.i.e When most people will be arriving at The Tryp Hotel in Oberhausen.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Original First Post:

Ok , slightly tongue in cheek , but there will be appetite for the trip for sure !!

Lessons learned from 2016 and 2017 for me, to aid an even better 2018 :

1) The anti clockwise route was preferable to the up & down and going back on yourself of 2016. Maybe im a bit OCD :grin:

2) Regular recognisable waypoints made for a less stressful drive , as we didn't get split up like last time

3) Bit gutted to not have spent more time at Nurburgring. 2016 the weather was grim and VLN race was on . 2017 was perfect, but weren't staying there and hadn't scheduled much time .

4) The "ELA leg" was my favourite both years :worship:

5) Walkie Talkies added some fun and came in handy

6) Classic Remise always worth a stop

7) The Tryp is cheap and comfortable and safe parking

8. Pagoda buffet is better than Tryp grub

9) Dinslaken show is definitely best place to see lots of interesting pork. Like total opposite of a PCGB meet , not just rows and rows of factory spec cars
:hand:

10) 3 - 4 hours at show then aim for eurotunnel that evening :?:

Count me in Guy , but need the extra night after the show otherwise its a bit of a head down go for it race back to blighty.

But agreed the walkie talkies that we all had in your group and the ghent group kept us mostly together and added some very funny moments. :thumb:
Wouldnt mind trying to do the Porsche Museum if poss next year. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Padoda food was excellent , tryp food was mediocre, dont think I will go for the buffet in the tryp next year just head to the pagoda. infact I might just sleep at the pagoda :floor: :floor: :floor:

The show will be on the Tuesday 1st May next year .

I checked with google ,2011 onwards ... always the 1st (Labour Day Bank holiday)

So maybe Sun to Wed then :thumb: :thumb:

I suppose 11.5 months pre-planning is better than the mere 7 months we put into last year. :floor:

It looks like there'll be at least three 'squadrons' again. :)

My plans are already pretty much set-in-stone for 2018 as I'm going with my son who'll be celebrating his 30th the week before.

He can only wangle a 2-nighter so we're going on the Sunday and heading back on a late shuttle after the show on the Tuesday.

NB: It's not a UK Bank Holiday on the Monday next year.

Some stuff we could do at Spa next year:

http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/guided-tour

Parade : 2 laps behind a leading car at 12.00:

This activity is for rally's, charity events, car clubs passing through the Circuit. We insist on the fact that the speed is reduced behind a leading car and the convoy will be separated every 15 cars, overtaking's will be strictly forbidden. Those 2 laps have to be booked at least 1 week in advance.

Price : €150 every 15 cars (guided tour not included)

Information and availibility :

Thomas Dooms

Tel. +32 (0)87 29 37 22

Mobile +32 (0)478 62 60 60

Email : [email protected]

Phil

if you are doing the Porsche museum make sure you do the Porsche restaurant in the evening - you will NOT be disappointed.

T8 - where's the sign up page m8...??

Osh

Osh said:
T8 - where's the sign up page m8...??

At the moment I'm taking it that this is the sign up page.

The thread title will hook in anyone that may be interested.

It looks like there'll be several different itineraries planned and I expect that 'Longers' (Fast-Track Tours) will want to put something together too.

From a corporate 911uk point of view it may be that it's only the 'Porschefreunde event parking' that brings everyone together - although it looks like The Pagoda will be doing a roaring trade the night before so that might have to be '911uk HQ'. :D

Ok so having missed this years trip, i'm not going to make the same mistake next year.

Tryp Oberhausen booked for two nights (Monday and Tuesday) just now only £127.00 for the room and breakfast for two nights.

This leaves lots of options for the Friday until Monday weekend before the show to incorporate a bigger trip. I'm pretty flexible and open to ideas if anyone fancies making a Friday to Wednesday jaunt out of it?

Oh, go on then Stuttgart Porsche museum maybe Mercedes museum also?oh, and Porsche factory tour &Tryp
1. Diverzeusy

I need to try and keep it condensed to Sat/sun through to Tues but I am in

1. Diverzeusy
2. Phil 997

Factory tour only Monday to Friday so you would need to leave Thursday ready for the early tour start in Stuttgart on Friday, then museums in the afternoon followed with dinner in the Porsche restaurant and stop a second night in Stuttgart. Then maybe Saturday morning drive the black mountains and then up to Nurburg and stop in the Tiergarten/Pistonklaus. Sunday at the ring/roads around the Eiffel mountain's then maybe head into Colonge for the night and a hotel. Monday morning hit the Classic remiss and then after lunch head up to Oberhausen ready for the Pagoda.....mmmm. Tuesday Dinnslaken show and final night in Oberhausen with a blast home Wednesday.

Or something along those lines, anyone with better local knowledge than me or other ideas please feel free to make suggestions what else we could do.

I just really fancy a week away in the car and good company.

budflicker said:
Factory tour only Monday to Friday so you would need to leave Thursday ready for the early tour start in Stuttgart on Friday, then museums in the afternoon followed with dinner in the Porsche restaurant and stop a second night in Stuttgart. Then maybe Saturday morning drive the black mountains and then up to Nurburg and stop in the Tiergarten/Pistonklaus. Sunday at the ring/roads around the Eiffel mountain's then maybe head into Colonge for the night and a hotel. Monday morning hit the Classic remiss and then after lunch head up to Oberhausen ready for the Pagoda.....mmmm. Tuesday Dinnslaken show and final night in Oberhausen with a blast home Wednesday.

Or something along those lines, anyone with better local knowledge than me or other ideas please feel free to make suggestions what else we could do.

I just really fancy a week away in the car and good company.

That sounds like a decent itinerary, would it be feasible to do Stuttgart on the Monday and get to oberhousen for the evening at the pagoda and ready for the show on the tuesday and come home on the wed. :?:

Phil 997 said:
That sounds like a decent itinerary, would it be feasible to do Stuttgart on the Monday

The Porsche Museum is closed on Mondays.

T8 said:
Phil 997 said:
That sounds like a decent itinerary, would it be feasible to do Stuttgart on the Monday

The Porsche Museum is closed on Mondays.

:damn: :damn: :damn: a bit more :lurk: needed then and some :cheers: :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back