Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Leeds - vandalism issues

Robw911

Has anyone on here had vandalism problems whilst using the OPC in Leeds? My car was there for a couple of days last week and after I collected it on Friday evening I noticed that two of the tyres had been slashed all the way up the sidewall and fully across the tread block, which I assume happened in the car park after the work had been completed. Still waiting for copies of the CCTV recording to see what actually happened.

I'm sure the OPC will handle it all for you as it happened in their possession. Not much more they can do other than hire a sniper to stakeout on the roof.

I got robbed at the OPC in Newcastle!

£540 + vat for a water pump! :D

By way of an update, JCT600 still has not sorted out the CCTV footage, cannot confirm whether my tyres were accidentally damaged or intentionally/criminally and will not replace the tyres as they say there is no evidence that it occurred whilst with them. The fact that they checked the tyres and sent me a video of this on Thursday, confirming all was well, but that the tyres were found to be cut when I checked the car after arriving home apparently counts for nothing!
I am told that they will now request the CCTV and that the service manager will get back to me on Friday (he is away at the moment), which they consider is adequate, even though that will be one week on from when the damage was caused during which time I will still be driving on damaged tyres. They have not even offered to check them for me to ensure that they are safe!
I thought Land Rover service was poor, but I never had any issues like this before switching to Porsche.

Are you sure damage was incurred whilst with OPC Leeds? Do you thoroughly check your tyres every day? I don't.

If there is no evidence to suggest it happened whilst with them, forget it. Get tyre hunting :?

I don't check every day, but in this case the tyres were checked by the OPC as part of a health-check on Thursday and they sent me the video, highlighting only one issue (a screw caught in the tread but which had not punctured the tyre itself). They kept the car overnight and I collected it when the other work had been completed on Friday evening. I then drove it straight home. I spotted the cuts in the tyres the very next morning - the cuts across the tread were covered with road dust/dirt from the drive home, so were not "fresh" (in any event my driveway is secured with electric gates, and, as if that was not enough, the position of the wheels relative to the arches made part of the tread completely inaccessible in the location of the cuts). The only conclusion therefore is that it happened on either Thursday or Friday whilst at the OPC (sorry if that seems a bit "Sherlock").

There has been some progress this afternoon, in that a senior person from the OPC has been in contact and has offered for a technician to check the tyres for safety tomorrow and if they are not safe they will fit new tyres at cost (which I will pay) pending review of the CCTV, the recordings for which are held off-site; if they agree that the damage was caused whilst the car was in their care, they will then reimburse the cost of the tyres. This seems like a reasonable approach to me!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back